My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
First hour:

"Coach, in his first eight games, Chris McCullough hit 57% of his shots. In the last seven games he’s hit only 25%. Did the issue of whether he could be an NBA lottery pick affect his confidence or cause him to try too hard to make big plays?"

Second hour:

"Coach, normally in the pre-conference season you get to play a lot of guys because we are so much better than most of the teams we play. This year, almost all the games have been a challenge and you’ve gone with the guys you felt gave us the best chance to win those games. It would be nice to develop Chinoso Obokoh as a back-up center and BJ Johnson as another option off the bench. Is it too late to do that or could they still earn some playing time by what they show you in practice?"

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

First hour:

"Coach, in his first eight games, Chris McCullough hit 57% of his shots. In the last seven games he’s hit only 25%. Did the issue of whether he could be an NBA lottery pick affect his confidence or cause him to try too hard to make big plays?"

Second hour:

"Coach, normally in the pre-conference season you get to play a lot of guys because we are so much better than most of the teams we play. This year, almost all the games have been a challenge and you’ve gone with the guys you felt gave us the best chance to win those games. It would be nice to develop Chinoso Obokoh as a back-up center and BJ Johnson as another option off the bench. Is it too late to do that or could they still earn some playing time by what they show you in practice?"

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/
Interesting to see the responses. Be careful where you are stepping.

th

I am VERY interested in what he says about Chris and very scared for you with your second question. I also don't think he's going to respond any differently to your second question than he ever does to that question. Good luck! You are a braver man than I, Gunga Din.

I try to word them carefully. I didn't suggest that JB is to blame for Chris's confidence problems or that he should be playing Johnson or Obokoh in games. I wondered if they could earn more time by what they do in practice. I'm not questioning his words or his decision making.

It also helps to wait until he's got a mouthful of chicken marsala at Delmonico's.;)

I try to word them carefully. I didn't suggest that JB is to blame for Chris's confidence problems or that he should be playing Johnson or Obokoh in games. I wondered if they could earn more time by what they do in practice. I'm not questioning his words or his decision making.

It also helps to wait until he's got a mouthful of chicken marsala at Delmonico's.;)

"A lot probably depends on the mood he's in," said Captain Obvious.

We all know by now that he can be a grumpy fellow. I try to leave famous people alone most of time, but I approached him while he was walking up the stairs at the Final Four in Houston a couple of years ago, just to say thanks for everything he's done for the program, the community, and the fight against cancer. Talk about a chilly reception. He basically turned his back while saying a very unconvincing "Thank you."

For your purposes, though, I sense that you're a known and relatively trusted person with JB, and with the radio show in general, aren't you? I think it's something like, "And we've got another question this week from Steve in North Syracuse . . . ."

suttree said:
"A lot probably depends on the mood he's in," said Captain Obvious. We all know by now that he can be a grumpy fellow. I try to leave famous people alone most of time, but I approached him while he was walking up the stairs at the Final Four in Houston a couple of years ago, just to say thanks for everything he's done for the program, the community, and the fight against cancer. Talk about a chilly reception. He basically turned his back while saying a very unconvincing "Thank you." For your purposes, though, I sense that you're a known and relatively trusted person with JB, and with the radio show in general, aren't you? I think it's something like, "And we've got another question this week from Steve in North Syracuse . . . ."

I asked him for a photo a few years back after living in Florida for some time, wanted to put it on my desk. "Mister Boeheim, can I get a quick photo with you?" He stops, stands there for 10 seconds thinking of an answer and goes "Ehh, not today". Haha. Still love the guy though.

two3zone said:
I asked him for a photo a few years back after living in Florida for some time, wanted to put it on my desk. "Mister Boeheim, can I get a quick photo with you?" He stops, stands there for 10 seconds thinking of an answer and goes "Ehh, not today". Haha. Still love the guy though.
Uh...that's weird for JB. You're not Doug gottlieb or Patrick Ewing are you?

AZOrange said:
Uh...that's weird for JB. You're not Doug gottlieb or Patrick Ewing are you?

Chad Ford.

See the Doug Marrone thread for examples of judging a person based on meetings that last a few seconds.

See the Doug Marrone thread for examples of judging a person based on meetings that last a few seconds.
Certainly not judging, in case that was aimed at me. I'm familiar with the limitations of small sample sizes, and I've already revealed what I said to Coach. I've donated to the Boeheim Foundation since that meeting and was very happy to do so. And I'm very frequently here, in this electronic space where moderately unhinged people spend unjustifiable amounts of their time debating zone defense, freshman yips, and whether Scoop Jardine committed a backcourt violation. In other words, GO ORANGE.

I hope a caller, or the host/hosts brings up the Chris McCullough criticism to him.

People on both sides would love to hear his response. Or just his criticism of players in the media through the years.

I hope a caller, or the host/hosts brings up the Chris McCullough criticism to him.

People on both sides would love to hear his response. Or just his criticism of players in the media through the years.

Much of the first hour was on this subject.

"A lot probably depends on the mood he's in," said Captain Obvious.

We all know by now that he can be a grumpy fellow. I try to leave famous people alone most of time, but I approached him while he was walking up the stairs at the Final Four in Houston a couple of years ago, just to say thanks for everything he's done for the program, the community, and the fight against cancer. Talk about a chilly reception. He basically turned his back while saying a very unconvincing "Thank you."

For your purposes, though, I sense that you're a known and relatively trusted person with JB, and with the radio show in general, aren't you? I think it's something like, "And we've got another question this week from Steve in North Syracuse . . . ."

so he's like the Bobo of the JB radio show

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom