My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
I decided to start out with a soft, (but not uninteresting) one before hitting him with one that's likely to get him a little errr... excited.

First hour:

Coach, we’ve been used to rooting for teams that look like they might win us another national championship. This team doesn’t look like that type of team but they are getting pretty fun to root for. They are starting to remind me of 1970’s era teams, especially our first Final Four team with Rudy Hackett cleaning up inside while Jimmy lee bombing away from outside. What gives you the most pleasure: a team with minimal problems that achieves maximum glory or a team that overcomes its limitations and adversity to achieve more than you would have thought?

Second hour:

Coach, with the injury to Chris McCullough, who had been playing back-up center, it’s been suggested that DaJuan Coleman’s redshirt should be reconsidered. On the other hand a local radio personality suggested on the air that there was no point in redshirting him, that we should have just “let his eligibility run out” because he’s never going to play for us with the guys we’ve got coming in. It’s also been suggested that we’ll need his scholarship to make room for one of them. What is the potential, if any, for DaJuan to help this year’s team and what is the potential for him to help us next year or the year afterwards?

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

Last edited:
I decided to start out with a soft, (but not uninteresting) one before hitting him with one that's likely to get him a little errr... excited.

First hour:

Coach, we’ve been used to rooting for teams that look like they might win us another national championship. This team doesn’t look like that type of team but they are getting pretty fun to root for. They are starting to remind me of 1970’s era teams, especially our first Final Four team with Rudy Hackett cleaning up inside while Jimmy lee bombing away from outside. What gives you the most pleasure: a team with minimal problems that achieves maximum glory or a team that overcomes its limitations and adversity to achieve more than you would have thought?

Second hour:

Coach, with the injury to Chris McCullough, who had been playing back-up center, it’s been suggested that DaJuan Coleman’s redshirt should be reconsidered. On the other hand a local radio personality suggested on the air that there was no point in redshirting him, that we should have just “let his eligibility run out” because he’s never going to play for us with the guys we’ve got coming in. It’s also been suggested that we’ll need his scholarship to make room for one of them. What is the potential, if any, for DaJuan to help this year’s team and what is the potential for him to help us next year or the year afterwards?

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

Good questions. You've got an extra number in the bold highlighted section above. Can you tell I'm tech editing a report for someone right now?

Good questions. You've got an extra number in the bold highlighted section above. Can you tell I'm tech editing a report for someone right now?

That's what I need: a good editor!

How about this one, jb I have heard somewhere that Chris Mc is a sure lottery pick, where do you think he will go in the draft? Do this one by phone and not in person.

I'll let you call that one in. I wouldn't want to be the one to cause him to choke on his chicken marsala.

Coach, it's rumored that the program is about to get some pretty severe sanctions for lax administration & enforcement of rules and standards under your watch. Would you be willing to offer your resignation if it would minimize those sanctions?

First hour:

Second hour:

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

I like your Coleman question especially. Sort of a trojan horse question, since it's about Coleman on the surface, but might also -- if we're lucky -- get JB to tip his hand about what's going on with the Bryant recruitment and what our future scholarship situation might look like. Here's to hoping that chicken marsala's extra good tonight and he feels like talking!

I'll let you call that one in. I wouldn't want to be the one to cause him to choke on his chicken marsala.
I didn't see this reply earlier. I went out and had veal marsala, coincidence, i think not

Coach, it's rumored that the program is about to get some pretty severe sanctions for lax administration & enforcement of rules and standards under your watch. Would you be willing to offer your resignation if it would minimize those sanctions?

You can call that one in yourself, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom