My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
First hour:

"Coach, I’ve been reading about the Syracuse Nationals, who won their NBA championship 60 years ago. Al Cervi was a coach who stressed defense and was sometimes unimpressed with the efforts of his star, Dolph Schayes in that area. Dolph’s counter was to ask “If I outscore my guy and my teammates outscore their guys, how are we going to lose?”

Rakeem Christmas spent his first three years here known primarily for his defense. Now he’s the team’s big offensive threat and we don’t have any depth. It often seems that on defense, he doesn’t challenge guys the way he used to because he wants to remain in the game. Is it possible for Rak, in this situation to play defense the way he used to and still be our big scoring threat or should we simply take the Dolph Schayes attitude that if he outscores his guy, it’s the best way to help us win?"

Second hour:

"Coach, Tyler Roberson seems reluctant to take that medium range jump shot the defense always gives him. That’s understandable, since he rarely makes them. You’ve said it’s a matter of confidence. Do you want him to take that shot and eventually make some of them so his confidence can grow or would you rather he avoid attempting that shot because he hasn’t been making them?"

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

SWC - That's a good question on TR and looking forward to his response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom