My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
First hour:

"Coach, I’d like to con graduate you and the team on securing our 16th win and thus assuring that our streak of consecutive winning seasons at 45. UCLA has the all-time record of 54 straight and that is still in sight. It would be a great tribute to the coaches, players and fans of this program if we could accomplish that.

You made a comment after the Pittsburgh game that you weren’t cornered about the Pittsburgh fans because you’d never seen a fan make a basket. I’m wondering how much the fans have contributed to the success of Syracuse basketball and how much could we contribute to a victory in the Duke game? Is it that the fans have more impact on the home team than they do on the road team?"

Second hour:

"Coach, just a comment here. We finally saw both Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson have big games. Fans sometimes get down on young players who are struggling. They talk about wasted scholarships, being “recruited over”, who should transfer, etc. They have to realize that Rakeem Christmas and Michael Gbinije weren’t always the players they are now and that Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and the rest were recruited to come here because they are talented players. If you criticize them it’s not because they don’t have ability but that they aren’t using it. With hard work and maturity and some patience from the fans, those struggling young players could become the Christmases and Gbinijes of future SU teams."

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

To be fair, the second question is a statement. ;)

Boeheim might deny it, but of course the energy of fans at a home game can lift up players! This is a scientifically proven fact! I don't know why he says such ridiculous things: "I've never seen a fan make a basket." Sheesh.

Oooh, maybe you should ask him about BJ's psychic abilities? That might be kinda fun. :eat popcorn:

First hour:

"Coach, I’d like to con graduate you and the team on securing our 16th win and thus assuring that our streak of consecutive winning seasons at 45. UCLA has the all-time record of 54 straight and that is still in sight. It would be a great tribute to the coaches, players and fans of this program if we could accomplish that.

You made a comment after the Pittsburgh game that you weren’t cornered about the Pittsburgh fans because you’d never seen a fan make a basket. I’m wondering how much the fans have contributed to the success of Syracuse basketball and how much could we contribute to a victory in the Duke game? Is it that the fans have more impact on the home team than they do on the road team?"

Second hour:

"Coach, just a comment here. We finally saw both Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson have big games. Fans sometimes get down on young players who are struggling. They talk about wasted scholarships, being “recruited over”, who should transfer, etc. They have to realize that Rakeem Christmas and Michael Gbinije weren’t always the players they are now and that Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and the rest were recruited to come here because they are talented players. If you criticize them it’s not because they don’t have ability but that they aren’t using it. With hard work and maturity and some patience from the fans, those struggling young players could become the Christmases and Gbinijes of future SU teams."

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4
Or on Twitter at mattpark1.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.
How about asking if he runs a dirty program?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom