My stars of the game. | Syracusefan.com

My stars of the game.

cap2nine

Scout Team
3 stars- Brandon Triche
Statistically our best player today. He played strong and in control and looked every bit the senior leader that we need him to be.

4 stars- Trevor Cooney
Great energy and effort. He took some crowd pleasing 3s but also made some great decisions to dribble and pass. Love the defensive intensity! You can see he really wants to make the most of his play time.

5 stars- Baye Moussa Keita
From the 1st exhibition thru today he’s impressed me by playing quicker, smarter, stronger and more confident than the past two years. I have hoped he would provide reliable backup for Coleman and/or Christmas this year. He keeps this up and he may end up with the lion’s share of minutes at the 5. Great game for him and great to see!!

Honorable mention for Southy. He had a very good all-around game, making an impact on both ends. He still needs work on his handle but there’s almost nothing he can’t do and do well.

I am impressed with MCW’s 11 or 12 assists but he still needs to protect the ball and realize that sometimes slowing things down is the right play.

I saw some nice things to build on from this game. Far from perfect but a lot of positives.

I would give thumbs up to Rakeem as well. He showed some offensive spark and is active and bouncy around the rim. The game seems to have slowed down for him and he is making good decisions.

Jerami continues to impress as well. As a back up forward not sure how many minutes he will play in bigger games but Boeheim has said he will play 9 guys. As long as Jerami comes in and makes good hustle plays he will get his minutes. His dunk along the baseline was impressive. He has some nice explosion. He never seems to make the kind of dumb plays that freshman typically make. If he keeps that up he will avoid the quick hook syndrome that many freshman get into...

Yes on Cooney. Spot-on regarding wanting to make the most of his minutes. He's not the quickest, but he worked hard on defense and made some good passes, too.

Baye was great; surprised he got such a quick hook after fumbling the rebound in the first half.

South did a good job looking for his teammates; too bad his teammates didn't expect any of those passes.

Grant is way ahead of where I expected him to be. Someone on this board (no idea who, but I bet he's a pretty sharp poster) predicted that C.J. would be a solid cog on the 2011 team. I was dubious. Same deal this time around with Grant. Again, I'm way off. The kid clearly was raised among basketball people and is going to be a very good player. A very good player.

Also, sorry that I didn't address Triche. Love the numbers. Love the aggression. Thought he got a little wild at times (also missed as wide-open a three as we'll ever see), but this is a Triche who will make this team a lot better. He also was quite a bit more forceful getting our team into transition than Mike was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom