My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Jalen Carey started off badly but kept us in the game almost single handedly. Great job overcoming some early adversity.

Tyus unfortunately had to play PG a lot, which limited his effectiveness on offense a lot.

Brissett jutted wanted to stand around on the perimeter and take threes. He and Chukwu struggled to even touch the ball on rebounds. Zero desire or willingness to get physical. Marek and Sidibe also played soft and sleep walked through much of the game,

Hughes also mostly hung out on the perimeter and showed no interest posting up the small, untalented guards who covered him.

The zone was the worst I have seen it in 10 years. No discipline, players constantly out of position, players constantly getting out hustled by their UConn counterparts. Rebounding was a joke. The Huskies have one of the shortest, skinniest and untalented front courts in D1 and they dominated the boards.

Props to Hurley, who had UConn playing hard OL game long. Even with all that, SU was in position to win late, as UConn was forced to take 30 foot set shots over and over, and either made the shot or got a crazy rebound to keep possession. The UConn kids made a bunch of long range bombs to ice it. Credit to them.

Easy to blame this loss on not having Frank, but they didn’t need him to beat this team. A bunch of veterans played soft, scared and/or stupid. That shouldn’t happen. Hope the team uses this game as a laerning experience. And I hope Frank returns soon.

We need to shore up the defense and run effective half court offense. Soon.

Syracuse was never in a good position to win

Syracuse offense is as terrible just like its been in the past 4 year

Syracuse continues to not be able to handle smaller, pressure d teams

This is a classic dud that a legendary coach shouldnt lose

Jalen Carey started off badly but kept us in the game almost single handedly. Great job overcoming some early adversity.

Tyus unfortunately had to play PG a lot, which limited his effectiveness on offense a lot.

Brissett jutted wanted to stand around on the perimeter and take threes. He and Chukwu struggled to even touch the ball on rebounds. Zero desire or willingness to get physical. Marek and Sidibe also played soft and sleep walked through much of the game,

Hughes also mostly hung out on the perimeter and showed no interest posting up the small, untalented guards who covered him.

The zone was the worst I have seen it in 10 years. No discipline, players constantly out of position, players constantly getting out hustled by their UConn counterparts. Rebounding was a joke. The Huskies have one of the shortest, skinniest and untalented front courts in D1 and they dominated the boards.

Props to Hurley, who had UConn playing hard OL game long. Even with all that, SU was in position to win late, as UConn was forced to take 30 foot set shots over and over, and either made the shot or got a crazy rebound to keep possession. The UConn kids made a bunch of long range bombs to ice it. Credit to them.

Easy to blame this loss on not having Frank, but they didn’t need him to beat this team. A bunch of veterans played soft, scared and/or stupid. That shouldn’t happen. Hope the team uses this game as a laerning experience. And I hope Frank returns soon.

Yep. Pretty much sums it up. Everyone wants to say all of this is because Frank isn't playing. Didn't need him tonight if they just did what they were capable of doing.

Instead we chucked up ill-advised shots all game -- including Carey, who had a few go but made wayyyyy too many mistakes and did not play to help his teammates out.

All one-on-one ball, as has been the case for how many years now?

Getting sick and tired of watching the same old song and dance, no matter the personnel.

The BOLD is VERY TRUE. The BOLD/ITALIC/UNDERLINED is the most very true words to ever be spoken.

Also: When Tyus isnt slashing he is the NBA Melo. The ball flow just STOPS.

We have no passers on this team.

This summary is not close to accurate

Syracuse was never in a good position to win

Syracuse offense is as terrible to watch as its been in the past 4 year

This is a classic dud that a legendary coach shouldnt lose
When Battle made the three it brought Cuse to within four points (66-70). I believe Yukon made a couple real deep threes after that. You are right that we weren't in a good position to win, However, it's possible that the game could have gone different if those deep threes did not drop for them.

When Battle made the three it brought Cuse to within four points (66-70). I believe Yukon made a couple real deep threes after that. You are right that we weren't in a good position to win, However, it's possible that the game could have gone different if those deep threes did not drop for them.

Youre right. It wasnt mathematically impossible. But is anyone else tired of snealing out games? I could be off but i feel like we havent been good offensively in a long time.

The defense was terrible tonight. The 2-3 wasn't good, and UConn found every vulnerability and capitalized.

I think youre way off. Teams will hit shots. Some of those were nba threes. Our offense is attrocious to watch.

Im not worried about d with this team. Our d will be amazing by the end of the year.

I think you may have quoted the wrong post?

I’m not overly concerned about the D for the season. But it was bad today.

Great write up Tomcat as always. I agree with everything. I felt Brissett was the worst. He needs to attack and be physical. Even though he turned the ball over too much I really liked some of things Carey did. Battle needs to atttack the rim before the 35 min mark.

key word in all of that - soft

Good OP by Tomcat.

We could use a stud recruit, especially down low, who would come in here and change that through chemistry. Is Akok soft?

Connecticut's guards are not untalented.

You know its going to be a tough night when the first basket is a dunk over your vaunted 2-3

Their guards were very good last night. We stunk plain and simple...hard to understand why since it’s early in the season and we are playing on national tv...seems like it would have brought out our best. I’m hoping we play better tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom