My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Props to the people who went to the game. It looked like we at least had as many people there as SD State did, maybe more. And it seemed like most of the military people were Syracuse fans as well.

Thought we had a good game plan. Good discipline not shooting many 3s, getting the ball in the paint for easy looks. Fair was great early, got us the big lead and after that, we were amazingly consistent holding the lead in the 12 point range.

San Diego State has some nice athletes and did a good job attacking the paint. They got us in foul trouble but we have enough players that it wasn't really a problem. They paid a high price for attacking inside though, getting a lot of shots blocked and they were awful at the free throw line, which ultimately killed any chance they had of staying close.

Thought Triche had a strong game, got a number of somewhat big baskets when it looked like San Diego State might have a chance to get back in the game. Was strong in the paint and is passing the ball better this year; had a bunch of nice passes off penetration.

MCW was a little wild at times but he does a lot more good things than bad things, and is a fun player to watch. When he gets in the paint, good things tend to happen.

Kind of surprised at how little the frosh played. Thought DaJuan would get more minutes. He got in foul trouble early and I think when Keita played well, JB decided to still with him and Rakim inside. Trevor barely played. Looked like JB got mad at him when he made a somewhat half hearted attempt to stop a layup (the guy scored anyway). He has to look for his shot when he is in there if he wants to get some quality PT.

We got hurt badly by SD State's offensive rebounding. That is the biggest concern I take from the game. I think Coleman is our best rebounder...when he is not in, we are not a very good rebounding team and this is going to happen. The Aztecs hurt us some beating us down the court at times as well, which is another reason I think Coleman's minutes today were limited. He has to learn to bust his butt back on defense; it is a little hard for him when he is under the basket trying to rebound when he is on defense.

Good win. We have good athletes, are going to block a lot of shots and our fast break was quite good today (needs to get a little better). Indoors, we will open up the inside more with our good outside shooters and become even more difficult to defend. I think this is going to be a running team that will make quite a few turnovers but will have an exciting style. This should be another enjoyable year to be a Syracuse fan.

I loved the hustle, bustle, and muscle! I have a good feeling. . . and I'm never wrong.

We are a better rebounding team with DC in there rather than Keita. Love Keita's hustle and ability to challenge every shot. But Rak becomes a better player b/c DC can keep his man off the glass on both ends of the court.

Given the conditions I don't think that you can take much away from a game like this - other than MCW needs to stay on the floor! After his fourth foul Dirty was subbed in to play the 2G. After a possession or two the Aztecs applied some full court pressure, and we were forced to bring MCW back in to help with the ball handling - and he promptly fouled out.

We went through some adversity to win this game. Always good to see what this team is made of mentally, and I think they played great considering the day change, the cross country trip, the conditions, etc.

The PT decisions today seemed to be based on not shooting 3s, playing with experienced players, and going with what was working. I was surprised that Coleman played so little, but Baye had a great game; he probably wasn't even tired afterwards--he just keeps going and going.

Would have liked to see DC, but came away really impressed with Kieta. Dick Enberg was right about only one thing today: Keita would start on 90% of NCAA teams.

The lousy shots SDSU took resulting in awkward caroms caused some of those.

DC played like a freshman and Cooney was not going to be a factor shooting 3's in that wind.

SU made up about 40% of the crowd but in typical east coast fashion we were way loader than the SDSU contingency. The wind and glare from the sun definitely had an impact on the game. I don't think JB will ever play another game outside. When accepting the trophy he made a comment about the bad conditions and "that must be why these games are usually played indoors".

We won plus I got to see Erin Andrews and Julie B. in-person...so I consider it a good day!

I think we took 3 shots from beyond 5 feet in the second half. CJ's 10 footer missesd by a mile. JB tmust have told old them only floaters, lay ups and dunks at the half. Loved the way the guards took it low even though SD knew what we were doing. Even with the wind, we hit free throws in the second half when SD couldn't buy once in the first- weird.

SU made up about 40% of the crowd but in typical east coast fashion we were way loader than the SDSU contingency. The wind and glare from the sun definitely had an impact on the game. I don't think JB will ever play another game outside. When accepting the trophy he made a comment about the bad conditions and "that must be why these games are usually played indoors".

We won plus I got to see Erin Andrews and Julie B. in-person...so I consider it a good day!

LOL Nice

The Jack in the Box ads always make me envious of our West Coast friends (nearly all of whom claim, for some reason, that Jack in the Box is the most disgusting slop that ever existed). I'm a fan.

In that vein, yesterday was the first time I saw the new Syracuse University ad (it aired during the Louisville game, too). Really good. Maybe a little sports-heavy, but it's lively and well-done.

The Jack in the Box ads always make me envious of our West Coast friends (nearly all of whom claim, for some reason, that Jack in the Box is the most disgusting slop that ever existed). I'm a fan.

In that vein, yesterday was the first time I saw the new Syracuse University ad (it aired during the Louisville game, too). Really good. Maybe a little sports-heavy, but it's lively and well-done.

Liked the new ad as well. The "I Dream" one was fine but was getting a bit long in the tooth IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom