My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Met before the game with some of the major celebrities on the board; cto, BillOrange, CherieHoops,. MrCherieHoops(akaNiagaraPurpleHaze), cuseguy, subarney, LurkerBob and LurkerJan. Good talking SU sports with everyone, as always.

The crowd was large, loud and enthusiastic. Over 31K marred only by another bad turnout by the students. If you can't get out of bed for a big game played at noon against a top 10 team, it is pretty sad. I weep for the next generation of Syracuse fans.

The NA was sung by Jake Flaherty, former starting Syracuse LB, class of 2008, who has sung it a few times now. The guy has a great voice. Surprised he isn't working on Boardway.

Hard to watch games televised by CBS. Hard to watch games televised by ESPN too, but it seems to me CBS interrupts the game with even longer commercial breaks than ESPN does. 3 minutes of action. 4 minutes of waiting. 2 minutes of action. 4 minutes of waiting. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sat with 2 of the great SU fans out there, cuseguy and subarney, who came up for the lacrosse game yesterday and the basketball game today. Very knowledgeable, very loyal fans. Solid.

Regarding the game, this one was hard to take. Thought the team made a great effort, played really hard and had the game in hand late until another in a pretty long line of disturbing collapses.

Thought Fine was outstanding in the 1st half. Kept us in the game almost singlehandedly. But you need more than one guy scoring to win games like this.

JS had an awful 1st half but stepped up in the 2nd and hit some big shots to give the team a lift. Then he lost the ability to shoot most of the 2nd half.

MCW, always inconsistent. was perhaps more wildly up and down today than at any point in his career. but he came up big down the stretch and played a key role positioning the team to win the game.

BT was a mess again. could not score, turned it over with alarming regularity, even struggled on defense some. His late TO on an inbounds pass to MCW (not his 1st bad inbounds pass of the day) was the turning point of the game.

MCW continues to play poorly in the last 2 minutes of games, helping to put the final touches on a really bad loss. Would not be as frustrated about this had the turnovers been forced ones. They by and large were not. Am especially disappointed that the seniors (BT and JS) made so many bad turnovers). Wow. what a bad collapse in crunch time.

This is not supposed to happen. Our seniors are supposed to be the savvy, reliable players the team can lean on in crunch time. Their legacy is being marred by these ugly games; a 2 game losing streak at home after a 38 game winning streak is just not acceptable.

What else? If you are wondering why DC played so much today, and BMK didn't play a lot, it was because Baye has a bad cold and was not feeling well.

Hope the team can find a way to get their act together and finish strong. There is still time to salvage something from this season.

Home the team can get it together for the rest of the season.

The students should have their tickets taken away. Maybe 35 students in the second level, and the whole section besides maybe the ones in the blue seats sit on their hands the whole time. What a waste. You dont see that anywhere else in the country for a top program, and certainly not for one of the biggest games of the year. What another sad showing . I really hope they take away their tickets in the 2nd level

Thanks for the superb write-up. This team is having a significant period of self-inflicted hardship, but there is still time to swing the pendulum back in a positive direction. Not every team can be a great one, but this team is better than they've been playing. I just hope they can finish the season strong.

The students should have their tickets taken away. Maybe 35 students in the second level, and the whole section besides maybe the ones in the blue seats sit on their hands the whole time. What a waste. You dont see that anywhere else in the country for a top program, and certainly not for one of the biggest games of the year. What another sad showing . I really hope they take away their tickets in the 2nd level
They filled it out half way through the first half. They were tardy, which is bad, but not non-existent.

They filled it out half way through the first half. They were tardy, which is bad, but not non-existent.
no they didn't they slid over the other sections to fill it up

Thought Fine was outstanding in the 1st half. Kept us in the game almost singlehandedly.

When Fine is your best player, no wonder we are losing with regularity.

Thought Fine was outstanding in the 1st half. Kept us in the game almost singlehandedly.

When Fine is your best player, no wonder we are losing with regularity.
Well to be fair, Fair's better than that . . . he's Fine.

Met before the game with some of the major celebrities on the board; cto, BillOrange, CherieHoops,. MrCherieHoops(akaNiagaraPurpleHaze), cuseguy, subarney, LurkerBob and LurkerJan. Good talking SU sports with everyone, as always.

The crowd was large, loud and enthusiastic. Over 31K marred only by another bad turnout by the students. If you can't get out of bed for a big game played at noon against a top 10 team, it is pretty sad. I weep for the next generation of Syracuse fans.

The NA was sung by Jake Flaherty, former starting Syracuse LB, class of 2008, who has sung it a few times now. The guy has a great voice. Surprised he isn't working on Boardway.

Hard to watch games televised by CBS. Hard to watch games televised by ESPN too, but it seems to me CBS interrupts the game with even longer commercial breaks than ESPN does. 3 minutes of action. 4 minutes of waiting. 2 minutes of action. 4 minutes of waiting. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sat with 2 of the great SU fans out there, cuseguy and subarney, who came up for the lacrosse game yesterday and the basketball game today. Very knowledgeable, very loyal fans. Solid.

Regarding the game, this one was hard to take. Thought the team made a great effort, played really hard and had the game in hand late until another in a pretty long line of disturbing collapses.

Thought Fine was outstanding in the 1st half. Kept us in the game almost singlehandedly. But you need more than one guy scoring to win games like this.

JS had an awful 1st half but stepped up in the 2nd and hit some big shots to give the team a lift. Then he lost the ability to shoot most of the 2nd half.

MCW, always inconsistent. was perhaps more wildly up and down today than at any point in his career. but he came up big down the stretch and played a key role positioning the team to win the game.

BT was a mess again. could not score, turned it over with alarming regularity, even struggled on defense some. His late TO on an inbounds pass to MCW (not his 1st bad inbounds pass of the day) was the turning point of the game.

MCW continues to play poorly in the last 2 minutes of games, helping to put the final touches on a really bad loss. Would not be as frustrated about this had the turnovers been forced ones. They by and large were not. Am especially disappointed that the seniors (BT and JS) made so many bad turnovers). Wow. what a bad collapse in crunch time.

This is not supposed to happen. Our seniors are supposed to be the savvy, reliable players the team can lean on in crunch time. Their legacy is being marred by these ugly games; a 2 game losing streak at home after a 38 game winning streak is just not acceptable.

What else? If you are wondering why DC played so much today, and BMK didn't play a lot, it was because Baye has a bad cold and was not feeling well.

Hope the team can find a way to get their act together and finish strong. There is still time to salvage something from this season.

Home the team can get it together for the rest of the season.

Good write-up as always. Just curious what MCW did wrong in the last two minutes today? The 3 pointer was really the only thing I had that I could complain about. I thought he re-ignited our team to get us back into it at the end. I don't remember exactly what the sequence was, but I remember him making a big play, then getting that big loose ball, hitting a couple of free throws, and then our team was back in it. And he made a big play to steal and save one of Louisville's inbounds passes as well, but Triche ended up turning it right back over. I thought he played pretty well actually. Struggled to shoot the ball again, but at least he doesn't seem to be forcing his shots much since that Notre Dame game. Really only forced that one three today and that layup that Dieng got a piece of. And he handled the ball FAR better today than the last time we played Louisville; he was able to beat Russ Smith with ease when Smith tried to press him.

Just curious what MCW did wrong in the last two minutes today? The 3 pointer was really the only thing I had that I could complain about. I thought he re-ignited our team to get us back into it at the end.
yeah, I thought MCW was fine today, and actually pretty solid down the stretch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom