My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Disaster. That is all.

We tilted the zone towards Porter to limit his effective, which worked well in the 1st half, but the cost for doing this was to leave the Hoya guards open for 3 point shots,

They made us pay for this by consistently knocking down open 3s. They worked the ball around the zone beautifully in the 2nd half, when SU was forced to play Porter even up, they played very good physical defense, and as a result, completely outplayed us,

It was bad enough when Triche joined the centers as non entities on offense. When JS and even CJ could also do nothing, winning becomes impossible

I give credit to the Hoyas, who played well and deserved to win. No idea what is going on with this team but I hope this was rock bottom.

I normally hit the like button on your takes. I just can't do it for this one.

Disaster. That is all.

We tilted the zone towards Porter to limit his effective, which worked well in the 1st half, but the cost for doing this was to leave the Hoya guards open for 3 point shots,

They made us pay for this by consistently knocking down open 3s. They worked the ball around the zone beautifully in the 2nd half, when SU was forced to play Porter even up, they played very good physical defense, and as a result, completely outplayed us,

It was bad enough when Triche joined the centers as non entities on offense. When JS and even CJ could also do nothing, winning becomes impossible

I give credit to the Houas, who played well and deserved to win. No idea what is going on with this team but I hope this was rock bottom.

GU defense was good. But it wasn't that good.

Our offense is "inept", to quote Jay Bilas.

I agree with this, and I have no problem losing when the other is better which Georgetown clearly is this year. What I want to know is what do we look like in practice working on the zone offense. We are too easy to defend it seems like we have same gameplan each game and NEVER try anything different. I would love to see Triche play in the middle when team's zone us and put Southerland on the perimeter since he is a catch and pop guy. I just don't get this team, but oh well. Grant was the perfect garbage man on offense before Southerland returned now he is useless on offense.

a tomcat take this quick ain't gonna be good. frankly i called the ball at 1:15 est. no vital life signs.

Disaster. That is all.

I give credit to the Hoyas, who played well and deserved to win. No idea what is going on with this team but I hope this was rock bottom.
This team was never very good. It was masked by the schedule.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with this, and I have no problem losing when the other is better which Georgetown clearly is this year. What I want to know is what do we look like in practice working on the zone offense. We are too easy to defend it seems like we have same gameplan each game and NEVER try anything different. I would love to see Triche play in the middle when team's zone us and put Southerland on the perimeter since he is a catch and pop guy. I just don't get this team, but oh well. Grant was the perfect garbage man on offense before Southerland returned now he is useless on offense.

Did you watch the Georgetown v. Villanova game earlier this week?

They looked pretty beatable to me.

Yeah, you are right. But we are truly dreadful at this point in the season.

Cant shoot, no hustle, no bball IQ, and worst of all no heart. Someone needs to light a major fire under the asses and JB should take a hard look at the Juco ranks for a pure shooter

We had a lot of open looks in the 1st half and missed all of them. BT and JS couldn't make anything. BT missed 2 wide open 12 footers. He is a train wreck now. In the 2nd half we couldn't get any open looks and all we had was MCW driving the gaps which he did well but you can't win if nobody else scores.

There's never very good and then there's struggling to get to 39 points. This was a total low.

This is one of the least likable teams of the JB era, definitely lacking in team, mostly a group of individuals who don't fit very well together.

I took three new thoughts after todays game.

1. Sometimes I feel Mike should only pass the ball off the dribble. He really knows how to move the ball. People can whine about his turnovers but the offensive inefficiency is the real culprit. Mike has shown alot of heart

2.Triche and now recently Southerland feel no sadness, humbleness, or meekness after missing. They just play on.

They are 100 form and no feeling the millisec the ball leaves their fingertips like a robot. Its the way they shoot. Im not saying thats bad, but when you don't shoot 35% from three and 45% or better from the field it becomes bad. Defenetly not someone I would give a last shot to.

They always watch the ball instead of feeling it into the basket the minute it leaves their fingertips. Its like they are in unmovable meditative emptiness the second they release the ball waiting to see the results of a lottery. Its been this way for a few games now. You watch someone like Gerry or Devendorf, or Rautins they have so much heart which leads to more confidence after their release, or to go down swinging.

Maybe alittle mental follow through would add alittle preciseness to their release, like a computer fixing a margin of error to get better results. And it couldn't hurt to get angry early in games you don't have to wait to the 4 minute mark in the second half.

Mike gets mad and pumped on the court and CJ gets emotional and his humbleness shines through him. Senior or not that makes them easier to chew. If your not going to get mad then atleast get upset to do more that is in your power. They might have 2 games left this year its time for them to to be a bully and start owning the games.

I feel the same way about this team as it reflects it. The confidence is there before each game, but they could never hit rock bottom no matter what. They never could fall in a hole to climb out of.

3. Good job by Rak he wanted everything today. Hes going in the right direction now.

I'm starting to get numb about this train-wreck. Normally I'd wait to post but right now, I really don't give a damn.
The overall passivity of this team as epitomized by Triche, is seeping into the fanbase.

I'd hate to see this place if we ever had a few losing seasons like many programs have been through. We have been spoiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom