My thoughts on the offense | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on the offense

KingOnuaku

Walk On
First of all, let me say I have been very encouraged by the strides our offense has made over the past 3 games, particularly concerning ball movement.

When you look at our teams of the recent past, all heavily relied on pick-and-roll to create scoring opportunities. Flynn, Scoop, MCW and Ennis were all skilled creators out of the pick-and-roll.

Over the past few games, we do seem to have increased our number of pick and roll possessions. However, Joseph does not seem to understand how to use these picks effectively. For pick and roll to be truly effective, the initiating guard must penetrate the lane, or at least the defense must be worried about such penetration. Flynn and MCW were excellent at this.

Joseph never attacks the rim off of pick-and-roll. Ever. He also tends to miss the roll man streaking to the rim, denying Rak and CMAC easy buckets.

Now, it's not all on Joseph. He used picks very effectively to can mid-range jumpers against Villanova. Many times our big men will "slip" screens and float towards the perimeter rather than rolling towards the rim.

Until Joseph learns to attack the rim strong, he's not going to do it worth a damn. How many times has he been blocked in the last three games? Just one more thing he needs to learn. In the meantime, he can pull up at 12 feet and pop.

king, did you get a new IP address or where you unbanned? You are Kingottis rich?

Something I have nottised us that we have gone to G and Trevor receiving coming off the Ft line extended screen where they penetrate the lane and make things happen. Its an adjustment JB had made because Joseph has been ineffective in the screen and roll action.

if you watch the good college teams play it's all about ball movement to create good shots and not one on one half court no pass nonsense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom