My top 4 teams | Syracusefan.com

My top 4 teams

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
List yours, in order or not in order.

I don't care for rankings, these are, in my opinion, the best 4 teams in the nation right now, in no order:

Indiana
Duke
Michigan
Louisville

I don't care for rankings, these are, in my opinion, the best 4 teams in the nation right now, in no order:

Indiana
Duke
Michigan
Louisville
You had me until michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana
Duke
Georgetown. (yep... I said it). Playing very well
Either Louisville or Miami.

Go Cuse!

Indiana
Duke
Georgetown
Louisville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana
Duke (with Kelly)
Miami
Georgetown

Indiana
Florida
Michigan

Nobody else scares me.

Indiana
Duke
Michigan
Louisville

Too much love for Duke, IMO. They barely beat Miami, at home, with Kelley going off for 36.

I'm not saying that they aren't a legit contender, because they are. But I wasn't impressed with them yesterday. Miami would slaughter them on a neutral court.

Indiana
Duke
Louisville
Gonzaga

A few weeks back I would have included Michigan and Florida.

Indiana
Duke
Louisville
Florida

Michigan is too reliant on jump shots. They have zero post threat.

Indiana
Duke
Butler
Syracuse

We're playing Butler in the final four, and then we go on to beat Indiana on a last second jump shot by who? Brandon Triche, from the same spot on the floor where Howard was. Unfortunately we'll still have Triche bashing threads though.

Indiana
Duke
Louisville
Florida

Michigan is too reliant on jump shots. They have zero post threat.

I'd replace Indiana with Kansas and I think you got your Final Four. When it comes down to it, all else being equal, I look to the coaches who repeatedly go to the FF. In such an even year with no dominant teams, I'm picking the 4 best coaches in the game to make it into the FF. If someone wants to replace Izzo with Self, I'd be fine with that too.

I'd replace Indiana with Kansas and I think you got your Final Four. When it comes down to it, all else being equal, I look to the coaches who repeatedly go to the FF. In such an even year with no dominant teams, I'm picking the 4 best coaches in the game to make it into the FF. If someone wants to replace Izzo with Self, I'd be fine with that too.
I don't think Kansas makes it out of the first weekend. Their offense is terrible.

Indiana
Duke
Butler
Syracuse

We're playing Butler in the final four, and then we go on to beat Indiana on a last second jump shot by who? Brandon Triche, from the same spot on the floor where Howard was. Unfortunately we'll still have Triche bashing threads though.
This is funny but are you serious?

In two of the last 3 years, Self lead a 2 loss 1 seeded team to losses to a 9 seed and a 12 seed.

If you are using tourney pedigree you need to choose Izzo.

In two of the last 3 years, Self lead a 2 loss 1 seeded team to losses to a 9 seed and a 12 seed.

He's hit or miss in the tourney, but my point is in a year with no clear faves, I'll look towards the best coaches to make the deepest runs. Bill Self is a tremendous bball coach. Feel free to replace Self with Izzo. Can't argue with that choice either.

He's hit or miss in the tourney, but my point is in a year with no clear faves, I'll look towards the best coaches to make the deepest runs. Bill Self is a tremendous bball coach. Feel free to replace Self with Izzo. Can't argue with that choice either.

Fair enough. Cant deny Izzo.

My top four in no particular order are:

Indiana
Mich. State
Kansas
Miami

and Duke is a close #5.

indiana
duke
louisville(despite siva)

4th one is a tossup between,miami, and kansas. If i didnt know georgetowns recent tourney results id have put them in but they struggle in the tourney lately with different officiating

I don't think Kansas makes it out of the first weekend. Their offense is terrible.

They average 75 points a game. After watching SU struggle to score 50 that seems downright explosive. In any event they have one of the best players in the country and one of the best coaches as well. I think they can go a long way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom