My update on Syracuse-bound Bourama Sidibe | Syracusefan.com

My update on Syracuse-bound Bourama Sidibe

iommi

Living Legend
I just posted this on the recruiting board. Here it is in case you don't frequent that board. I interviewed his coach, who had some interesting things to say about Bourama's progress.

He also talks about what he and Sidibe know about the JB-to-Hopkins succession and when he says Bourama will get to Syracuse...

Syracuse Signee Bourama Sidibe Steps Up | Otto's Grove

Last edited:
good take. sounds like even his coach evaluates him as a bit of a project. 220 lbs. program should help that. seems more defensively inclined.

good take. sounds like even his coach evaluates him as a bit of a project. 220 lbs. program should help that. seems more defensively inclined.

Project, no. His offensive game is emerging. He can hit an open shot and has a few post moves. He certainly is far from polished. I think he will be ready for some minutes.

I just posted this on the recruiting board. Here it is in case you don't frequent that board. I interviewed his coach, who had some interesting things to say about Bourama's progress.

He also talks about what he and Sidibe know about the JB-to-Hopkins succession and when he says when Bourama will get to Syracuse...

Do you think he can be better than 7'2" next year?

Do you think he can be better than 7'2" next year?

He's better now. No doubt in my mind. He's such a good athlete. He moves very well. Bourama is not awkward like PC and he has a huge wingspan. His shot blocking ability is really solid and he moves his feet well. Offensively, he has a few moves and can finish with either hand. His hands are solid too, catching the ball.

He's been very impressive whenever he's gone up against big-name bigs. He's held his own against Nick Patrick, Deng Gak and others.

Underrated. He's not an awe-inspiring dunker and he's not flashy. Just plays a winning game.

What more do we need?

Exactly. One of the reasons he's underrated in the rankings is he wasn't that active on the AAU circuit for quite a while. He played with WeR-1 with Trevon Duval when he did play but most guys have had much more of an opportunity than the stretch he played.

I'm not sure what more he can do this year. He's leading the team in PPG, RPG, BPG. They could play in the DICK's Nationals. They probably deserve it but we will see if they get the votes for the invite.

Last edited:

He also talks about what he and Sidibe know about the JB-to-Hopkins succession and when he says Bourama will get to Syracuse...

The article left me a bit glum. It said indications were only one more year of Boeheim. :(

On a happier note, I'm interested to see if Boeheim will go back to Boeheiming centers like he did when he had BMK to Boeheim Fab Melo(RIP)? I havent gotten to say "Boeheiming" as much without creativity, and I've been having withdrawal, and have had to turn to harder substances instead. Please help Iommi...some good news?

Last edited: