Naesean Howard Suspended | Syracusefan.com

Naesean Howard Suspended

"violation of Training Rules"

Skipped a meeting? Skipped a workout?

Oof, missing that time at Fort Drum seems like a harsh punishment. Here's hoping this isn't too severe.

guessing he went home after the fan fest or missed curfew or both.

man, that sucks. he is probably a redshirt anyway though right?

hcss making a statement this is all business --he is going to the next level and will take the real committed players with him. he is not going to tolerate bs ---get on board or go home. howard needs to get that message from his teammates as well. maybe they can help him out. the team has mission. i suspect this is a warning shot

Better it is caught early rather than late ... young man still has a chance to get onboard.

I agree, I feel like this team has fully taken Shafer's personality. I don't think Hunt, Lynch or Eskridge will take any B.S and are our leaders. To take it a step further I feel like this freshman class is as tight of a class as we have had in a while and that most of them are on the same boat. Just get Zaire and Aj to talk to Naes and put things in perspective.

I briefly mentioned this in the Fan Fest thread and without going into to much detail, Naes has struggled with the transition from HS to college. Mr. Howard had mentioned seeing Naes for the first time after the scrimmage since he started attending. I would hold attacking being too critical of this young man (not accusing anyone just giving a heads up of what I know/heard). The Howard's are seemed appreciative of this opportunity, just some struggles hopefully he will get through. I am sure if he can get past this speed bump he will go on to do fine through his career on the Hill.

I am sure that HCSS has support in place.

Last edited:
I briefly mentioned this in the Fan Fest thread and without going into to much detail, Naes has struggled with the transition from HS to college. Mr. Howard had mentioned seeing Naes for the first time after the scrimmage since he started attending. I would hold attacking being too critical of this young man (not accusing anyone just giving a heads up of what I know/heard). The Howard's are seemed appreciative of this opportunity, just some struggles hopefully he will get through. I am sure if he can get past this speed bump he will go on to do fine through his career on the Hill.

I don't know, I hear what you're saying and God knows I was an idiot as an 18-year-old and maybe still am one now. But, really, how hard could it be? I mean, he hasn't started class in earnest yet, if he wants to see his family I'm pretty much assuming he could do it any day of the week, and otherwise he's playing football and working out, which is obviously what most of these kids are focused on anyway.

I'd never call the kid a terrible kid or suggest that a curfew violation is particularly noteworthy, but I also think it's good to make sure that these guys are held somewhat accountable for their actions.

I don't know, I hear what you're saying and God knows I was an idiot as an 18-year-old and maybe still am one now. But, really, how hard could it be? I mean, he hasn't started class in earnest yet, if he wants to see his family I'm pretty much assuming he could do it any day of the week, and otherwise he's playing football and working out, which is obviously what most of these kids are focused on anyway.

I'd never call the kid a terrible kid or suggest that a curfew violation is particularly noteworthy, but I also think it's good to make sure that these guys are held somewhat accountable for their actions.
being over here on the west side by WGSH I can tell you the kid has his work cut out for him to fall into line and do what needs to be done. Just, as you say, is the case for most 18 year olds. Kid has talent that can be devolped and heres hoping he's able to do what needs to be done to get himself a good future.

I wonder sometimes which is more difficult moving away from home and leaving your support system friends/family behind or remaining close to all those thing you are used to people/family and all the distractions/influences, good and bad, that you have grown up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom