Name Some Surprise Teams (Up/Down) for 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Name Some Surprise Teams (Up/Down) for 2012

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Surprise Teams (Up):

Tennessee and Syracuse both are so similar. Programs were gutted by coaching changes...rosters really depleted by defections and tons of injuries the last few seasons. Both had losing records last year but had moments of brilliance.

I see both teams getting back to the plus side. I can see 7 wins for each, maybe more.

Surprise Teams (Down):

Boise State has suffered a loss of a lot of players from graduation and will lose 2-3 games in the regular season and be no better than a 2nd or 3rd place Big East team this year. Their record and past rep will keep them in the Top 25 but playing in the depleted MWC will not show how much they fall this year. I predict they lose by 17 points to Michigan State and will lose 1 or 2 games in conference.

Surprise Teams (Up): I can see Cuse having an up year. I hate to say it but i can see Rutgers having a good year too. Defense will be really good, will keep them in a lot of games.

Surprise Teams (down): West Virginia: I see them losing 3 or 4 in the big 12. Not enough losses for me.

Surprise Teams (Down):

Boise State has suffered a loss of a lot of players from graduation and will lose 2-3 games in the regular season and be no better than a 2nd or 3rd place Big East team this year.
I bet they don't finish that high... especially since they're not in the NBE this year.

Buy : Syracuse, UVA, Georgia, Arizona

Sell : Stanford, South Carolina, Cinci, Clemson

Chapel Hill will surprise this year and beyond. They got a real good coach in Larry Fedora. His first recruiting class is ranked 17th.

i take it you don't follow the Dawgs too much. UGA is always a sell

Brother in law is a UGA alum so I just really started following a few years back. Fans down there always seem to have jaded optimism over the team (if that makes sense). I'll point out their strengths and he'll say "yeah but.." Hope for the best but expect to lose 3 or 4 games type of thing.

Schedule lines up nice for them though, and Aaron Murray is one of the top QB's in the country IMHO.

lsu down...on their roster they have three true freshmen and one redshirt freshmen as the schoolie players on their roster at cornerback. 4 total now

I bet they don't finish that high... especially since they're not in the NBE this year.
I know that was a comparison that I figured they would be 2nd or 3rd in the BE this year. They'll finish no worse than 2nd in the weaker MWC.

Brother in law is a UGA alum so I just really started following a few years back. Fans down there always seem to have jaded optimism over the team (if that makes sense). I'll point out their strengths and he'll say "yeah but.." Hope for the best but expect to lose 3 or 4 games type of thing.

Schedule lines up nice for them though, and Aaron Murray is one of the top QB's in the country IMHO.
UGA always has issues.

Besides, even Loeb is better* than Murray.

* where better == more accurate

It blows my mind that georgia gets respect every year then they crap the bed. They are very similar to notre dame in that aspect.

Up: Syracuse, Virginia, Wazzu

Down: Boise State, Miami, Connecticut(Never really too far "up" to start with, but they haven't had a losing season in the past 4 years.)

Why Cinci?

Who do they have at QB? They won 10 last year and I have them 7 or 8 win max this year.

I looked over last years records and picked +2 or < wins for buys and -2 or more losses for sells.

Who do they have at QB? They won 10 last year and I have them 7 or 8 win max this year.

I looked over last years records and picked +2 or < wins for buys and -2 or more losses for sells.

Fair enough. Although Munchie did beat us.

like a few here, i live in atlanta. Fans have a reason to have a ton of optimism every year. they bring tons and tons and tons of talent every year. however, they just can't seem to pull it together any year, do worse than expected (which there is always very high expectations) and then result to deciding if their season was good or bad by if they beat UF or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom