Nancy Cantor's next gig | Syracusefan.com

Nancy Cantor's next gig

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I learned today that she will be taking over as Chancellor of Rutgers-Newark. While I am a graduate of the law school, that campus is quite a challenge. It's not the core Rutgers University undergrad campus, and is in the middle of a war zone. Her connecting of "town and gown" will be quite a challenge down there, although I expect that she will quickly connect with Mayor Corey Booker (who will be an ally at least until he runs for President ...). But it just struck me as " WOW" She left Syracuse for this? Things that make you go "hmmm".

She was leaving SU anyway.

This is another gig and another big pay check monthly.

I alway love it when doctrinaire Liberals interface with the real world. And Newark is the real world.

yeah, big step up. She is getting, what? half her old salary? Play it how you want it, this is only a step up in distorted minds.

Did you learn it from the other lengthy thread about it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I got an alumni email from Rutgers at work and posted it because I hadn't seen any news on it yet. Some of us have to actually work at work and don't sit on here all day.

No, I got an alumni email from Rutgers at work and posted it because I hadn't seen any news on it yet. Some of us have to actually work at work and don't sit on here all day.

Chill, I was busting your chops since there was a lengthy thread already.

Rutgers? Really??

Chill, I was busting your chops since there was a lengthy thread already.

Rutgers? Really??

Yeah. It's where I lived and happens to be much higher rated than SU Law, now that you bring it up. And my law degree only cost me about $5000 a year. A current Supreme Court Justice taught when I went there. So mock away. It's too bad they suck so bad because I do like the look of their red uniforms.

Yeah. It's where I lived and happens to be much higher rated than SU Law, now that you bring it up. And my law degree only cost me about $5000 a year. A current Supreme Court Justice taught when I went there. So mock away. It's too bad they suck so bad because I do like the look of their red uniforms.

86th vs 96th

86th vs 96th

When I went there, they were ranked in the 40s. Of course, that was almost 20 years ago. But you should see the "quality" of lawyers who fill this town from SU law.

And no disrespect intended to SU, because as everyone knows, Newhouse and Maxwell are among the very best schools in the nation in their particular fields, and the business school is really making a name for itself with their entrepreneurship programs. But the law school sucks.

When I went there, they were ranked in the 40s. Of course, that was almost 20 years ago. But you should see the "quality" of lawyers who fill this town from SU law.

And no disrespect intended to SU, because as everyone knows, Newhouse and Maxwell are among the very best schools in the nation in their particular fields, and the business school is really making a name for itself with their entrepreneurship programs. But the law school sucks.

Well the good news is that there isn't any law work for them to do anyway. That is, if what I read about the career prospects of recent law school graduates is correct.

Well the good news is that there isn't any law work for them to do anyway. That is, if what I read about the career prospects of recent law school graduates is correct.

No worries, some Lawyers are getting pretty adept at "finding" work these days. Yoo-Hoo... Gloria.

I learned today that she will be taking over as Chancellor of Rutgers-Newark. While I am a graduate of the law school, that campus is quite a challenge. It's not the core Rutgers University undergrad campus, and is in the middle of a war zone. Her connecting of "town and gown" will be quite a challenge down there, although I expect that she will quickly connect with Mayor Corey Booker (who will be an ally at least until he runs for President ...). But it just struck me as " WOW" She left Syracuse for this? Things that make you go "hmmm".

Since she'll be spending TP money, her concept of an open-door mission (as opposed to an academic mission) will work a lot better. It didn't fly at a private university, which is the reason (IMO) for the the obvious demotion.