Narduzzi is good enough to kill our recruiting but not good enough to get a better job | Syracusefan.com

Narduzzi is good enough to kill our recruiting but not good enough to get a better job

Millhouse

Living Legend
Our winning percentage has a -29% correlation with Pitt and -36% with BC since 1981

Hopefully halfley is not the guy but we need narduzzi to have more years like this one to get him the hell out of there

Last edited:
if Pitt didnt have a QB having an elite yr even this year I wonder how it turns out.. He saved 5-7 sacks sat against us but having quick feet and throwing the ball away.

our losses.

Travis saved the day with mad scrambles
Hartman made plays
Cunningham has elite quicks

clemson/Rutgers we beat ourselves as those QBs did nothing

Leary was solid as was Picket and saved some plays but the D against us won those games.

This year they actually had an O which makes him more attractive. That being said he wasn't all that different than the Dazzler before this season.

Overall 42-34 avg of 7 W and 5.7 L
ACC 29-21 avg of 4.8 W and 3.5 L

They have pretty much been the same team since Johnny Majors left. I don't think Narduzzi is propping them up, they are what they are. Doesn't matter who is HC.

BC has pretty much been the same team since Coughlin left. I don't think the HC makes much of a difference.

Rutgers has been basically the same team since Schiano took over (minus the Ash years). Schiano has a ceiling and Flood didn't make things all that worse.

It would certainly be easier if those teams stunk, but us stinking has more to do with us IMO than them. If we were going 6-6 every year then we could blame them for us not going 8-4.

The guys over at Split Zone Duo (Kirshner/Godfrey) strongly hinted that Whipple will be out at the end of the year (retirement?). They will be in the market for a new OC too.

Last edited:
This year they actually had an O which makes him more attractive. That being said he wasn't all that different than the Dazzler before this season.

They have pretty much been the same team since Johnny Majors left. I don't think Narduzzi is propping them up, they are what they are. Doesn't matter who is HC.

BC has pretty much been the same team since Coughlin left. I don't think the HC makes much of a difference.

Rutgers has been basically the same team since Schiano took over (minus the Ash years). Schiano has a ceiling and Flood didn't make things all that worse.

It would certainly be easier if those teams stunk, but us stinking has more to do with us IMO than them. If we were going 6-6 every year then we could blame them for us not going 8-4.
Pitt with on1 10 win year in 40 yrs just shows they have more pretty avg years with way more talent but very few really good years.. just good enough to go to a Bowl and usually lose.

they were good early 80s then bad for 10 yrs then pretty avg a solid 5-8 win team with 3-4 good years this decade.

SU managed 2 10 win season in 20 and they managed 1 in 40.. with the talent living in PA they have under achieved for decades.

I think we need these teams to suck in order to have a chance to be consistently good. Everything aligned 25-30 years ago

ESPN Sportscenter listed Narduzzi as a Top 5 candidate for the Notre Dame job.

Attachments

• 348335C8-97E1-45E9-9003-0AD7D3D7F46C.gif
    348335C8-97E1-45E9-9003-0AD7D3D7F46C.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
Coach P vibes. Crush Florida but lose to ECU. That loss to WMU must be haunting their fans.
I don't think they'd have a shot of getting in the playoff but it killed any chance they had of finding out.

Coach P vibes. Crush Florida but lose to ECU. That loss to WMU must be haunting their fans.
All three of them. There's only one team in that city anyone gives a crap about n'ats dem Picksburg Stillers!