Nassib Getting Mangled | Syracusefan.com

Nassib Getting Mangled

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Tough to watch.

No OL help at all as far as I can see.

Thoughr his first and somewhat his second series he looked better. More comfortble, a couple nice throws - progress.

Thought Pugh looked pretty good. I think he got beat on one play and may have missed one other blocking assignment picking up the wrong guy, not sure though. Wasn't he suppoe to play RT?

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo 20m
Early word on Giants C David Baas: Sprained MCL. Belief is he avoided ACL tear but more tests to confirm that Mon. Educated guess: 3-6 wks.

Looks like Pugh may be playing RT as soon as next week.

It is no fun watching Nassib play right now. It's like he's playing with 3 OL versus 7 guys in the box. He has no time to look up.

It is no fun watching Nassib play right now. It's like he's playing with 3 OL versus 7 guys in the box. He has no time to look up.

Reminded me a bit of Nassib's sophomore / junior season, when the OL was performing at a subpar level.

Ryan gets to see what Kinder went through in his spring games.

Are the Giants going to keep 3 qb's and who's going to win between Carr and Painter?

Reminded me a bit of Nassib's sophomore / junior season, when the OL was performing at a subpar level.

We saw nothing like this at SU.

Nassib barely has time to catch the snap.

We saw nothing like this at SU.

Nassib barely has time to catch the snap.

That's because he's playing with third / fourth string OL right now. I'm referring to him having to get rid of the ball on quick slants because the pass rush was one step away, him not having time to let plays develop in the passing game, and looking far less effectual than he was actually capable of performing.

Ryan gets to see what Kinder went through in his spring games.

Are the Giants going to keep 3 qb's and who's going to win between Carr and Painter?
They're going to have to keep 3 QB's, at least for the first part of the season. Trading up to draft Ryan = Ryan makes the team. But I don't think they feel comfortable handing the keys to #9 if something should happen to Eli in the first few games. If the comfort level grows as the season progresses, then maybe Carr/Painter gets released. But on opening day, expect to see 3 QB's on the roster (Ryan probably inactive/emergency QB for at least half the season).

I was David Carr's neighbor during football season in NY before I moved to AZ. He is really loved by the Giants organization. They really did not want him to leave a couple of years ago when he went to SF, and offered him a lot of money to stay. He only did that because he hoped for the starting position in SF and because his son has juvenile diabetes, and this got them back near their family in CA. When that did not work out the Giants were more than happy to bring him back. I think he stays around for a while. As long as they want to keep 3 QBs on the roster. Could be wrong, but just know they like him for lots of reasons. He is a real team guy for them, and he works well with Eli.

Although now that I rethink this, he is getting up there in age. Must be mid 30s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom