Nate Silver FF Odds | Syracusefan.com

Nate Silver FF Odds

The same as KenPom. Auburn is the weakest team and Virginia the strongest.

Tech has been the most impressive team so far IMO. The Beard hype is real.

Definitely. No breaks in the bracket either. Crushed the #2 & played Nova better than anyone last year as well (and were hurt by some sketchy calls iirc).

I think Texas Tech beats them.
They have a good chance but you have to make Msu the favorites they just beat the best team in the country and have izzo.

They have a good chance but you have to make Msu the favorites they just beat the best team in the country and have izzo.
Virginia is the best team in the country (although they haven't looked like it in this tournament). Duke was lucky to get by UCF and Virginia Tech. I think Beard is a better coach than Izzo right now.

Virginia is the best team in the country (although they haven't looked like it in this tournament). Duke was lucky to get by UCF and Virginia Tech. I think Beard is a better coach than Izzo right now.

They were life and death with Purdue and Oregon. They're going to have to step their game up next week.

They were life and death with Purdue and Oregon. They're going to have to step their game up next week.
No question. They had to exorcise some demons, so perhaps now they can relax and play up to their potential.

Both games were close, but I wouldnt entirely agree with this. Oregon we didnt play as well as we could, mostly because Kyle Guy shot like 2-11 from 3 or something and Hunter was 1-6.

Purdue though, we played a great game. 9 out of 10 teams would have lost with that performance from Edwards, and it took a stroke of luck for us to win. He didnt beat us of the dribble, or with assists, or break down our defense with ball movement... he just went Steph Curry on us and made shots from 28' when we put Hunter on him, banked in a 3 in crunch time, and basically was unguardable. Guy started slow but ended up shooting close to his average after making 5 3s in the second half. Hunter is still not playing like we expect him to but he made buckets and drew fouls when it counted in OT. The ball he lost out of bounds was a clear foul on the replay, overall he was a machine in OT.

We shut down Cline and outplayed them at every position except for Edwards. If Edwards doesnt go nuts we win that game by 15-20.

Both games were close, but I wouldnt entirely agree with this. Oregon we didnt play as well as we could, mostly because Kyle Guy shot like 2-11 from 3 or something and Hunter was 1-6.

Purdue though, we played a great game. 9 out of 10 teams would have lost with that performance from Edwards, and it took a stroke of luck for us to win. He didnt beat us of the dribble, or with assists, or break down our defense with ball movement... he just went Steph Curry on us and made shots from 28' when we put Hunter on him, banked in a 3 in crunch time, and basically was unguardable. Guy started slow but ended up shooting close to his average after making 5 3s in the second half. Hunter is still not playing like we expect him to but he made buckets and drew fouls when it counted in OT. The ball he lost out of bounds was a clear foul on the replay, overall he was a machine in OT.

We shut down Cline and outplayed them at every position except for Edwards. If Edwards doesnt go nuts we win that game by 15-20.

I get your point on Purdue but you do agree that UVa will need to play better against Auburn than they did against Oregon? And regardless of the reason, UVA was incredibly fortunate to win against Purdue.

Oregon was their worst game of the tournament so yeah we will probably have to play better offensively but we played a phenomenal defensive game considering how well they had been playing offensively. I'm just proud of our guys for being able to step it up offensively when Edwards just couldn't be stopped. As for luck, everyone needs a little in the tournament, Purdue was very lucky that Edwards was shooting out of his mind from 25 feet also so just gotta be glad this year it was on our side. Overall Im pretty confident about the game against Auburn but if we win that the championship is going to be a dog fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom