NBA combine measurements are in!! | Syracusefan.com

NBA combine measurements are in!!

Drummond's 278 pounds and a 7'6" wingspan. Freakish. Too bad his work ethic is even more freaky.

Drummond's 278 pounds and a 7'6" wingspan. Freakish. Too bad his work ethic is even more freaky.
What do you know about his work ethic?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Can somebody explain this to me?
Kris Joseph: 6'6 w/o shoes, 6'7 with shoes... 1 inch taller in shoes
Mike Gilchrist: 6'5.75 w/o shoes, 6'7.5 with shoes... 1.75 inches taller in shoes... What mate?

Mike Gilchrist: 6'5.75 w/o shoes, 6'7.5 with shoes... 1.75 inches taller in shoes... What mate?

Its the same argument every year. people say you play in shoes so that should be your "height"

but functionally on a basketball court, your natural height is more likely to reflect wing span, standing reach, etc and is ultimately more true to functional basketball height.

Gilchrist wears the Herman Munster shoes apparently.

Fletch was 6'9" with the afro

How about Thomas Robinson. He had been listed at 6'10" but now only measuring 6'8 3/4 in shoes. Fab is 7' in shoes. That's solid.

Yeah...they play in sneakers. That's how tall they are on the court when they are playing. Which is what matters.

Note that Fab, Melo and Dion were all listed accurately by SU.

How about Thomas Robinson. He had been listed at 6'10" but now only measuring 6'8 3/4 in shoes. Fab is 7' in shoes. That's solid.

Robinson was listed at 6-9 as a junior. Not sure why KU listed him at 6-10, although I remember reading that he had been measured at 6-10 someplace last year. Odd.

When do they do the drills: bench press, vertical leap, etc?

Why the "socks" measurement? Is that just for internal knowledge, for when they are building the doorways in their new homes?

Yeah...they play in sneakers. That's how tall they are on the court when they are playing. Which is what matters.

Note that Fab, Melo and Dion were all listed accurately by SU.
Thanks for the wise-@$$ remark. Apparently you didn't read my question. Why is MKG's height in shoes almost an inch taller than everyone else?

Why the "socks" measurement? Is that just for internal knowledge, for when they are building the doorways in their new homes?
Not sure, just another measure, another thing to check if you dislike about a certain player.

I think wingspan is more important than height. I'd rather have a 6'6 SF with a 6'10 wingspan than a 6'8 SF with a 6'7 wingspan. One of the reasons Rondo is so effective is his ridiculous 6'9 wingspan. I remember one of the main criticisms about the Morris twins last year was their wingspan of "only" 6'7 or so despite being 6'8-6'9.

DeJuan Blair is able to play as an NBA big at 6'6 because he has a 7'3 wingspan.

Fab Melo 9.2 percent body fat not bad at all for a center. Demarcus Cousins I remember showed up with a chiseled 16 percent body fat. Anything under 10 percent is really good.

Thanks for the wise-@$$ remark. Apparently you didn't read my question. Why is MKG's height in shoes almost an inch taller than everyone else?

Sorry about that. I did miss it. Some players just wear bigger shoes, I guess.

I heard that Fab Melo was one of the guys a lot of NBA teams came away from the combine being impressed with. Him and Lillard (the PG from I believe Weber State or some small school like that?)