NBA draft ESPN anchors | Syracusefan.com

NBA draft ESPN anchors

Alsacs

Living Legend
According to Richard Deitsch the NBA draft will be anchored by host Rece Davis, analysts Jay Bilas, Jalen Rose, and Bill Simmons.
This should be a great 4 some and will be interesting to hear Jalen, Bill Simmons, and Bilas interact. The only negative will be no Bill Simmons draft diary about his dad falling asleep.
Also, this
Richard Deitsch@richarddeitsch 2m
ESPN says Shane Battier will also join its NBA Draft coverage.

According to Richard Deitsch the NBA draft will be anchored by host Rece Davis, analysts Jay Bilas, Jalen Rose, and Bill Simmons.
This should be a great 4 some and will be interesting to hear Jalen, Bill Simmons, and Bilas interact. The only negative will be no Bill Simmons draft diary about his dad falling asleep.

At the same time, as I commented about the job interview video with MCW, Simmons knows absolutely nothing about college basketball so I have a feeling it's going to lead to some awkward moments in which he gets facts abundantly wrong about prospects and tries to cover it with some vague pop culture reference that's also not entirely accurate.

At the same time, as I commented about the job interview video with MCW, Simmons knows absolutely nothing about college basketball so I have a feeling it's going to lead to some awkward moments in which he gets facts abundantly wrong about prospects and tries to cover it with some vague pop culture reference that's also not entirely accurate.
Jalen is going to be star on that set and Bill Simmons will mock Jay Bilas when he says player X has second jump ability. Simmons liked the Big East the last couple of years and when I met him on his book tour he respected our history. He follows the NBA game though and I am betting Jalen Rose who he has become really tight with will carry through the night.

I was really impressed with Jalen Rose during the NBA finals. The dude really does have chops. You sometimes see these ex athletes fumble around (ala Shaq) on the camera, but he really pulls it off.

I think that with some refinement, we are going to see him for years to come.

I have a feeling it's going to lead to some awkward moments in which he gets facts abundantly wrong about prospects and tries to cover it with some vague pop culture reference that's also not entirely accurate.

So, you basically described the OttoinGrotto syracusefan.com posting style guide right there.

I was really impressed with Jalen Rose during the NBA finals. The dude really does have chops. You sometimes see these ex athletes fumble around (ala Shaq) on the camera, but he really pulls it off.

I think that with some refinement, we are going to see him for years to come.

I remember being skeptical when Jalen initially became an announcer, but he's really developed into a terrific studio guy.

Jalen did College Gameday and then flew to LA for the ABC ESPN pregame stuff. His star is rising and the guy is by far the best thing on Grantland with his podcasts with Jacoby. I think Jalen is a great analyst and tells it the way it is, and isn't a company man or say absolutely nothing interesting like Wilbon, Magic Johnson, or Digger Phelps. I wish Bilas, Simmons, Rose was the College Gameday set and NBA set. Bilas knows his basketball.