NBA draft | Syracusefan.com

NBA draft

SBU72

All Conference
I just got around to looking at the NBA draft. (Won't even comment how low keyed that was compared to the NFL draft!). If I counted correctly, 8 of the top 10 and 14 of the top 25 kids drafted were freshmen. If there were no 1-n-done "rule", how many of these kids would have been drafted right out of high school? Did any improve their stock by playing 1 year of college ball? What about the sophomres drafted? Would any of those have gone directlt to th NBA? I guess 1 point of this post is that despite all the bytching about how the 1-n-d rule has hurt the college game how much did colleges gain by having these kids 1 or 2 years? And to the opposite view, would these kids have lost something by going pro directly? Would some have ended up in the G-league with horror stories of being ignored or bad coaching there. In the glorious perfect world many would have immediate impact in the NBA and the rest improved tremendously and get there in no more than a couple of years. Just wondering what people thought.

Trae Young benefited
Ayton & Bagley didn't.
I think Bamba and Wendall Carter would have been top 10 anyways
Collin Sexton helped his stock
Divencenzo and Huerter certainly helped theirs.
Jarred Vanderbilt got hurt by the year in college - I believe he was a top 20 player going into college, gets drafted 41st

I think NBA scouts had an additional year to evaluate each of them and I think that is what one and done is about more than anything else.

MSU Bridges didn't gain anything by coming back...Robert Williams from A&M, I bet, regrets coming back. He was damn near top 10 last year. He landed in a good spot though.

Look at Duval. He was labeled the next John Wall

if you think the thrill and challenges of playing college bball at the top level and the college experience is a waste of your time and energy i got no answers for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom