NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Someone, somewhere on twitter made a good point on the sign and trade thing with Lebron; if Lebron leaves, unless you're getting fantastic assets for him, the Cavs #1 goal may be to duck the luxury tax, so they really wouldn't want to take much salary back. So, it could make a sign and trade hard to make work
Honestly the only sign and trade that made sense for Cleveland is the one from Boston which would include NY Knicks from the Ringer.
Where the Cavs would get whomever the Knicks took at 9 and a first round pick from Boston plus expiring contracts in Kanter and Morris.
The Knicks would get Kyrie and Boston would get LeBron.
I don’t see this one happening though.

I can’t see Houston or San Antonio offering anything to compel Cleveland.

Someone, somewhere on twitter made a good point on the sign and trade thing with Lebron; if Lebron leaves, unless you're getting fantastic assets for him, the Cavs #1 goal may be to duck the luxury tax, so they really wouldn't want to take much salary back. So, it could make a sign and trade hard to make work
They wouldn't be done dealing.

Honestly the only sign and trade that made sense for Cleveland is the one from Boston which would include NY Knicks from the Ringer.
Where the Cavs would get whomever the Knicks took at 9 and a first round pick from Boston plus expiring contracts in Kanter and Morris.
The Knicks would get Kyrie and Boston would get LeBron.
I don’t see this one happening though.

I can’t see Houston or San Antonio offering anything to compel Cleveland.
At one time the Cavs really liked Hayward.

They wouldn't be done dealing.

Right, but if they do a sign and trade for Lebron, I think they're basically locked into paying the tax. They'd have to get something really good back is all I'm saying.

At one time the Cavs really liked Hayward.
Ainge is ruthless but I don’t see him doing Hayward wrong. Trading him now is doing him wrong.
Isaiah Thomas was different. Hayward is coming back from a major injury.
I think the only way LeBron ended up on Boston would be dealing Kyrie/Morris and the filler contracts with a 3rd team.

Cleveland would need draft picks and expiring contracts.
I think the Knicks and Cavs would do the deal I said above. Question is would LeBron want it.
It wouldn’t gut Boston and it would be pushing Kyrie out again but Kyrie likes the Knicks.

Worth mentioning that the Vegas odds did a massive shift yesterday in the odds of where LeBron goes. It's the Lakers. Vegas all but confirmed it.

Ainge is ruthless but I don’t see him doing Hayward wrong. Trading him now is doing him wrong.
Isaiah Thomas was different. Hayward is coming back from a major injury.

I mean, Isaiah exacerbated a major injury playing for the Celtics and they had no problem shipping him off. And Gordon is getting his max deal no matter what.

I mean, Isaiah exacerbated a major injury playing for the Celtics and they had no problem shipping him off. And Gordon is getting his max deal no matter what.
IT was going to be a FA.
That is the only reason Danny moved him when he did. He didn’t want to pay him.
Hayward is under contract for 2-3 more years.
I don’t see Boston moving Hayward this offseason.
Maybe next year.
I also don’t see LeBron coming so its irrelevant.

Worth mentioning that the Vegas odds did a massive shift yesterday in the odds of where LeBron goes. It's the Lakers. Vegas all but confirmed it.

I want the other side of that Lakers 7/1 or +500 on the NBA Title.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom