NC St & Clemson | Syracusefan.com

NC St & Clemson

weakstraw

Walk On
are they starting off as our new "top of the list, we hate you" rivals? Kind of feel that these gents are tossing just a little too much disrespect our way for teams that have not really shocked the college football world.

I don't really hate any ACC teams yet...well except maybe for VT.

In regards to NC St...yes...F NC St!!!

Regarding Clemson...not really...I feel it is more of a friendly, respectful budding rivalry than the budding antagonistic, hated rivalry with F NC St...

The Clemson fans that have joined and contributed to this board have been very respectful and friendly towards us...they have at least reached out to us. F NC St fans have not and on their boards have posted nasty, even almost racist (see Ernie Davis) comments about us...

Well, NC St certainly hates us (Yankees, taking over their arena, the fact that they've done absolutely nothing sports-wise since '83 and we are coming into the conference to eat their lunch and take their women and they know it). I can certainly see a little hate flowing back towards them.

Clempson? We'll have to wait and see.

are they starting off as our new "top of the list, we hate you" rivals? Kind of feel that these gents are tossing just a little too much disrespect our way for teams that have not really shocked the college football world.
Not sure where the hate from Clemson fans is coming from. Most I talk to seem to think the game with Cuse will be a tight one in a hostile environment.

Regardless of our record against them...for some reason i cant help but feel like NC State is like Rutgers..i kind of just ignore them. Their racist ways makes ignoring them even easier. Clemson feels to me like it will always be fun but not hatred..almost like a respect thing. For me VPI and Miami are still the most hated but that could change after a decade or so..who knows.

In regards to NC State:
others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them - Nixon

NC State isn't worth our time, just like Rutgers wasn't worth our time. Let's aim higher.

Yeah I haven't noticed it either...I think it's because there is at least one thing that Syracuse and Clemson has in common...ORANGE!!!
The posts I've read here and at tigernet.com don't reflect hatred, rather respect and a desire for SU to add to the ACC in a positive way. One recent poster on tigernet picks SU over Clemson 33-31 with the expectation for a close game. I'm sure there will be more trash-talking from both sides as the game gets closer, but I'm really looking forward to games with Clemson, at the dome and in death valley. The best thing about the move to the ACC, besides the money, is the opportunity to improve our program by playing teams like Clemson. They've had their struggles at times but they do have a national championship, wear the correct color, and have a fanbase devoted to their program. I really hope we beat them on October 5th but wish them well in their other games.

NC State yes. Self-inflated pretenders. Cheap, artificial swagger. Nutra-swagger.

Clemson, no. They stepped up big time in the bowl game and are earning their swagger.

Living in Charlotte I get along with UNC and Clemson fans. As a result I don't really like South Carolina Gamecock or NC State Wolfpack fans as they are pretty ignorant. So I have no beef with Clemson it could be a healthy rivalry whereas NC State is full of idiots and I hope we run them over.

Well, NC St certainly hates us (Yankees, taking over their arena, the fact that they've done absolutely nothing sports-wise since '83 and we are coming into the conference to eat their lunch and take their women and they know it). I can certainly see a little hate flowing back towards them.

Clempson? We'll have to wait and see.

Like I've said before, Clemson have the best and most passionate fans in the ACC, and, its not close. They travel well, and, are very hospitible, especially in Death Valley. UNC-CU have been rivals for 60 years, and, while there is that spite between us that comes from being conference rivals, they save it for Death Valley and Littlejohn Coliseum. I've always been treated well, both before and after games. Never had a problem, either home or away.

I doubt that Syracuse fans will, either.

Like I've said before, Clemson have the best and most passionate fans in the ACC, and, its not close. They travel well, and, are very hospitible, especially in Death Valley. UNC-CU have been rivals for 60 years, and, while there is that spite between us that comes from being conference rivals, they save it for Death Valley and Littlejohn Coliseum. I've always been treated well, both before and after games. Never had a problem, either home or away.

I doubt that Syracuse fans will, either.

Doesn't mean we won't lock the doors to the dome ;).