NC State Game Thread... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game Thread...

This board is a rollercoaster. "Can we keep Dino after this season?" becomes "Dino will be facing some hard questions!" in 2 weeks. I really don't understand what people expected from this game considering our personnel

Agreed. NC State isn't great but they have better personnel then we do when we are at full strength. We are young, we are learning new systems, and we have to build quality depth. Takes time.

Granted, Ishmael being out (still not sure the story on him, today) is another factor...but the dropoff of our entire O from Dungey to the backups is breathtaking. We go from an exciting-to-watch, high-flying, productive (though turnover-prone) unit to a carbon copy of what we witnessed last year. Actually last year we probably were able to run it slightly better.

A lot better... 23 yards rushing today. Dungey is far and away our best QB, it isn't close and we can't run the damn ball so 20 points is actually pretty good. Chop block crap call kept us from 28 (or 26).

He doesn't. The posts in this tread . . . . . . . away. The last guy got fired for a reason, 3 coaches in 5 years, some chubby kid from a D3 school is second string. That stuff adds up.

Post of the day. Thank you.

Am mildly optimistic about the future, but the defense is really poor and has struggled all season. The difference between the quality of athletes of NC State and SU is striking, and NC State is not a top tier ACC team. There doesn't seem to be many playmakers on the defensive side of the ball and they are getting hammered on the run.

It is rather stunning. :(

I realize that two critical and questionable penalties that went against us gave State 14 points in the end. That first Q interference call against us on 4th down that gave State a first down and goal and ultimate TD. And, that BS chop block that took away a TD for us and possible tie on a 2 point conversion mid-way through the 4th.

That being said, State just dominated us at the line of scrimmage...on both sides of the ball. The significant difference in total plays, time of possession, total yards, etc. is just staggering. We got a gift pick in the end zone on a very ill advised throw by State's QB, otherwise it's 21-10 at the half. We scored 10 points on a 82 yard TD pass and 3 points on a blocked punt. State's drives were all 10, 12, 15 play types that went, for the most part, the length of the field. The final score doesn't really reflect the way in which we got dominated and manhandled.

if you can't get the stop and your defense off the field on 3rd down and whatever then prepare to eat the loss. today we ate it big time.

He doesn't. The posts in this tread . . . . . . . away. The last guy got fired for a reason, 3 coaches in 5 years, some chubby kid from a D3 school is second string. That stuff adds up.

Agreed, a few posters have hit an all time low with some of the nonsense.. lots of injuries today, a team that had better talent and we were an horrible call away from tieing it up in the 4th with a 2nd string qb and horrendous o line play just need to recruit better players

No, that can't be true. Coach doesn't like him, right?
And?? He shouldn't be there put him in the backfield where he belongs. Bottom line is you will never move the ball until he is back there. So if you are happy with what you have so be it. I know one thing this team today was very beatable and how many rushing yards did we have?? Enough said. Young man may not be perfect but is a hell a lot better than what I am seeing. I love Strickland, great athlete but never seen Fredericks get pulled down by his jersey.

Agreed. NC State isn't great but they have better personnel then we do when we are at full strength. We are young, we are learning new systems, and we have to build quality depth. Takes time.
I agree.

This is re-living last year. The D is beaten to a pulp and exhausted and the O averages 2 or 3 first downs per quarter.
Well that is expected when we run a fast offense and go 3 and out very quick. It is our first year in this system. I believe next year will be a WHOLE lot better. Our team is very young and needs time to gel. Look at the difference between Wake Forest from last year to this year. Give us time our day of winning is coming!!! Until then Gooo Cuse!!

And?? He shouldn't be there put him in the backfield where he belongs. Bottom line is you will never move the ball until he is back there. So if you are happy with what you have so be it. I know one thing this team today was very beatable and how many rushing yards did we have?? Enough said. Young man may not be perfect but is a hell a lot better than what I am seeing. I love Strickland, great athlete but never seen Fredericks get pulled down by his jersey.
It is about the O Line not the running backs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom