NC State game | Syracusefan.com

NC State game

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Enormous. At this point they all are really. Tournament hopes. ACC standings (7-5 vs 6-6). Chance for the 4 seed in ACCT. Just an enourmous game. Gotta win, survive and advance stage a month before selection Sunday. Thank God we eeked it out tonight. Hopefully the Dome is into it from the tip Tuesday.

I'm more focused on win #17 and keeping the streak alive. Not saying SU can't win those games but for this exercise I'll go with chalk and give SU losses at FSU and L'ville. That means they will have to at least split the other six (NC St., GT, @Pitt, UNC, @BC, @Miami), which I think they will do.

Win NC State and were 8-5 in the league. 4 more wins of any kind gets us 12 acc wins. Really hard to leave us out at that point

Not hard at all if our best wins are against a couple of bubble teams, because that’s our resume right now. If we don’t beat a top 25 team we are really in a tough spot. 12 ACC wins doesn’t mean jack this year with how weak the league is. Plus we only drew the Big 3 once in each case, our conference schedule isn’t exactly rough

I'm more focused on win #17 and keeping the streak alive. Not saying SU can't win those games but for this exercise I'll go with chalk and give SU losses at FSU and L'ville. That means they will have to at least split the other six (NC St., GT, @Pitt, UNC, @BC, @Miami), which I think they will do.
Literally could care less about this streak.

Not hard at all if our best wins are against a couple of bubble teams, because that’s our resume right now. If we don’t beat a top 25 team we are really in a tough spot. 12 ACC wins doesn’t mean jack this year with how weak the league is. Plus we only drew the Big 3 once in each case, our conference schedule isn’t exactly rough
I agree, but I also feel the conference would riot if only Duke, Ville and FSU make the Tournament. We don’t necessarily deserve more than 4 teams, but only 3 would be quite the statement.

just watched the game on dvr:
Dan Bonner was awful. Did the same Cal is in this thing.
four out of five of Bourama’s fouls were absolutely avoidable. How can this not be fixed by now?
JB had a tough game. What was he thinking putting Bourama back in with two minutes before the half with two fouls? You need to steal that time with Jesse and not have Bourama get his third foul.
along the same lines how did JB not sit bourama and Quincy and allow them to foul out with nine minutes left in the game? You have to sit at least one of those guys given that you were not behind at that time.
quincy is improving with every game.
JG Took some absolutely terrible shots. Sometimes he thinks he’s still at Glens Falls and can shoot whenever he wants.
that t on marek was a disgrace.
brycen is so athletic on d I’d rather he was the third guard over HW.
I don’t understand why so many on this board are so hard on Edwards. Given his lack of experience I think he is doing what he should be doing and has a high ceiling given his coordination and ball skills.
buddy is averaging 17 ppg as a sophomore. Pretty impressive.

The streak is cool and all but NCAAs is the only thing on my mind. I have no doubt we'll get to 17 to continue the the streak but really who outside of Syracuse even knows or cares about it?

The streak is cool and all but NCAAs is the only thing on my mind. I have no doubt we'll get to 17 to continue the the streak but really who outside of Syracuse even knows or cares about it?
I like the streak as well and I think it will matter after JB retires, but in season it is all about the NCAAs. I think this team can make a run if we get in.

I hope your weather in Syracuse Tuesday is good as that should lead to a very good crowd turnout. We can use all the help we can get.

Upper 30's to near 40 from what I can tell. So, pretty good late March/early April type weather in the 'Cuse. ;):)

I agree we're in good shape to continue the streak. But I don't really care if anyone outside of Syracuse knows or cares about it. I don't know who the all time leading scorer is at Duke or UNC or most schools, but I'm sure those individual and team accomplishments are a big deal to those fans.

I agree we're in good shape to continue the streak. But I don't really care if anyone outside of Syracuse knows or cares about it. I don't know who the all time leading scorer is at Duke or UNC or most schools, but I'm sure those individual and team accomplishments are a big deal to those fans.

Agreed. Before the 5 game win streak I was praying we would keep the streak alive. That win streak gave us hope. NCAA's still look like an uphill battle, but possible.

Prior to that modest run and the Dior commitment, it looked like we were on a slow but stead downward spiral. Recruiting, the mediocrity of the past five seasons, etc.
We haven't had a losing season in my lifetime. With that backdrop, it would have been particularly hard to handle. A matter of pride. SU has been in nothing else, incredibly consistent. Even in 'bad' seasons, competitive. Would hate to see that end as JB nears his end.

Feeling better about everything now. Let's hope things continue in a positive way.