nc state is terrible. have you ever seen a coach play that style? | Syracusefan.com

nc state is terrible. have you ever seen a coach play that style?

orangehomer

All American
he basically decided to foul every play and put it on the refs. and predictably, the refs ruined the game. nc state had 7 fouls within the first 8 minutes of each half. predictably, the refs then have a little huddle and tell themselves that they need to equal it out and predictably, they find a way. I know that there are a whole bunch of people on this board that won't accept the idea of poor officiating. the acc should be embarrassed over how this game was called today this is supposed to be the premier conference in college and the refs act like a bunch of guys they found in a bar.

NC State is bad. Officiating aside, they don't have great balance on offense and their defense is laughable. We blew it.

I mean they aren’t great but they completely shredded the zone with dribble penetration and set up nice threes. They are pretty bad at defense except for that Johnson kid who’s pretty electric on both sides of the ball.

he basically decided to foul every play and put it on the refs. and predictably, the refs ruined the game. nc state had 7 fouls within the first 8 minutes of each half. predictably, the refs then have a little huddle and tell themselves that they need to equal it out and predictably, they find a way. I know that there are a whole bunch of people on this board that won't accept the idea of poor officiating. the acc should be embarrassed over how this game was called today this is supposed to be the premier conference in college and the refs act like a bunch of guys they found in a bar.

The refs didn't set screens on those short corner threes. Frank technically did get pushed, ever so slightly, by that Y7 dude, a call there would've been funny.

I have no respect for coaches that play the “foul on every play, they can’t call everything” style of ball. Garbage ball and a crutch for guys who can’t get their teams to play good ball because they don’t truly know how to coach, so they try to game the refs and win ugly instead. They will never have any real success playing that style.

NC State is bad. Officiating aside, they don't have great balance on offense and their defense is laughable. We blew it.

They may be bad but they sure hit a bunch of dagger threes when they needed them.

They've beaten Arizona, Duke, UNC and Clemson. I smell sour grapes.

I have no clue where this "NC State is horrible" narrative came from. They're inconsistent, but they have some great wins.

They made plays and we missed some free throws. It was an exciting game and I was happy to see our guys not give up when they went down 8.

Still think there was a clear moving screen on their 3 when we tied it up, but the chances of getting that called are nil.

Uhh yeah. Pitino.
Not everyone must know this but Kevin Keatts was an assistant for three season at Louisville under Pitino before getting a head coaching job at UNC-Wilmington. He runs an aggressive defense, very similar to Pitino, a style we have always had problems with. I'm very bullish on Keatts. I've said it before and would love to see a coach of that ilk replace Boeheim. I'm not sure how Keatts will fair overall at NC State as they are still third in the state's pecking order, but seeing some of his team's successes this season could predict some of his future.

Not everyone must know this but Kevin Keatts was an assistant for three season at Louisville under Pitino before getting a head coaching job at UNC-Wilmington. He runs an aggressive defense, very similar to Pitino, a style we have always had problems with. I'm very bullish on Keatts. I've said it before and would love to see a coach of that ilk replace Boeheim. I'm not sure how Keatts will fair overall at NC State as they are still third in the state's pecking order, but seeing some of his team's successes this season could predict some of his future.

The day we become one of those on purpose hacker teams is the day I stop watching.

*Not sure if they always play that way, or just got that way yesterday due to the horrid refereeing.

The day we become one of those on purpose hacker teams is the day I stop watching.

*Not sure if they always play that way, or just got that way yesterday due to the horrid refereeing.
Not sure I necessarily meant the hacking, but I'm sure most would embrace a pressing style man to man defense which in turn should increase the tempo of the game. Basically almost a complete opposite of what we have now. Sounds like that's what a lot of the fans want.

Not sure I necessarily meant the hacking, but I'm sure most would embrace a pressing style man to man defense which in turn should increase the tempo of the game. Basically almost a complete opposite of what we have now. Sounds like that's what a lot of the fans want.

I have no problem with that.

As long as we don’t do the clutch and grab “they can’t call everything” garbage or the “undercut guys and get up pumping your fists when it’s called a charge” garbage. Those are dealbreakers for me.

I want to win at the level we used to win year-in-year-out. Not this 0.500 in league every year B S.

The op’s most infamous quote:

“Done-gey”

Consider the source

Hmm. I thought ncstates offensive game plan was excellent. I thought they were well coached.

Hmm. I thought ncstates offensive game plan was excellent. I thought they were well coached.

Seriously, if not for some of their many unforced and bizarre turnovers; they would’ve blown us out, IMO. Their guards caused a LOT of problems getting into the lane at will it seemed.

I have no respect for coaches that play the “foul on every play, they can’t call everything” style of ball. Garbage ball and a crutch for guys who can’t get their teams to play good ball because they don’t truly know how to coach, so they try to game the refs and win ugly instead. They will never have any real success playing that style.
We're far more likely to get the moving screen called when we actually, you know, try to fight through them. I think the staff's game plan was to go under based on the scouting and because NCSt is not statistically a good 3pt shooting team. And that strategy worked somewhat in the first half. NC St made adjustments and we kept doing the same thing. I find that unacceptable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom