NC State?????????? | Syracusefan.com

NC State??????????

grepal

Starter
Wow!! VA Tech without Johnson held them to 24. Historically cold from the floor. If you told me you could hold VA Tech to 47. I would think you would be OK.

Brutal. For some reason I watched it. Shot 16% overall and 2 for 28 from three. Missed point blank shots. I thought Cuse was intimidated by VT but this was far worse... just horrid shooting.

Virginia Tech vs. NC State - Box Score - February 2, 2019 - ESPN

It was a 95 possession game using the formula (FGA - OR + TO + .475 x FTA). SU's 21 games have averaged 135 possessions. The one against Virginia Tech was 129 possessions. 40 minutes by the 30 second shot clock is 80 possessions. The average possession in this game was (40 x 60 divided by 95 = ) 25+ seconds.

24 points holy canoli. now i dont feel so bad about them running us off the floor. i thought va tech looked final 4 good against us, maybe they are.

as for nc state, you know theyll hit a bunch of 3s early against us and have 24 pts by the 10 minute mark of 1st half lol

24 points holy canoli. now i dont feel so bad about them running us off the floor. i thought va tech looked final 4 good against us, maybe they are.

as for nc state, you know theyll hit a bunch of 3s early against us and have 24 pts by the 10 minute mark of 1st half lol
Whether or not they make the final four will depend a lot on how their games are officiated.

I know NC State will be better against us, but we should go at least 3-1 over the next four games. I'll be disappointed if we don't.

Embarrassing display of basketball by NC State.

It absolutely was. I've watched college hoops for a very long time and I have never witnessed something as abysmal as that. NCST scored 10 points in the 2nd half, after I thought it couldn't have gotten any worse than the first half. VPI had their lowest scoring output this season by 13 points, and still managed to win by 23 points!!! That speaks for itself in regards to just how ugly this basketball game was, if you even want to call it basketball.

I'll preface this by acknowledging that I'm not a huge Buzz fan, mostly due to his attention seeking behavior on the sidelines and always being on the frigging court. At one time today, the announcer said something about it, and how he was 4 steps on the court (while action was going on mind you) and the announcers just chuckled about it. Shame on them too, they should be hammering him on the air for such utter nonsense.

With that being said, his comments after the game when interviewed were foolish. In regards to VT's defensive effort when asked, his response was how they were zeroed in since Wednesday and how his assistants game plan was superb and followed to a T. Okay, really? I realize he should give his coaches, players, etc. some credit, but to imply that was the overbearing reason why State ended up with 24 points is just asinine over the fact that NCST was historically bad on O and the worst display of offense by any ranked team in the shot clock era.

I know NC State will be better against us, but we should go at least 3-1 over the next four games. I'll be disappointed if we don't.
5 cheerleaders could have played better today.

DybEiimWsAA_vtX.jpg:large

Taken from the college basketball page on Reddit. LOL.

I wouldn’t get too excited about VT’s Final Four chances, lol.

A team with a post-up big man and reasonably quick guards (read: actual guards) will eviscerate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom