NCAA basketball rules: Jim Boeheim, Upstate New York Division I coaches weigh in on shot clock | Syracusefan.com

NCAA basketball rules: Jim Boeheim, Upstate New York Division I coaches weigh in on shot clock

I might be the only person in a very small minority but I never liked the shot clock, it ultimately hurts the game in my opinion. I'd like to see the following experimental rules:

1) make a line on the floor on both sides of the court that was 33 feet from the current baseline. This would decrease the offensive area from 47' by 50' to 33' by 50'. You've got perhaps 15 seconds to advance the ball beyond that line and once you do the ball can't go back into the backcourt.

2) make the court longer by moving the baseline on each side of the court so that it is parallel with the basketball stanchion, this would add 6 feet to the offensive area on both sides of the court.

I think a smaller offensive area would make it harder for a team to play stall ball which of course is the big concern when there's no shot clock. Try rule 1 alone or with rule 2. I think rule 2 alone would allow teams to play stall ball more effectively but I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom