NCAA Bid: Cuse vs MSU | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Bid: Cuse vs MSU

Ish88888

All American
Izzo is a committee darling. At 17-11 and only 2 wins on the road all year, non conference and b10; they arent talked about bubble wise. They are in. And btw, 1 of those wins was at minny 75-74. BS. Izzo is a great coach, but no way should they not be sweating it, and the cuse be sweating. The ACC is way better than the B10 this year and we have way more top 10 wins. Izzo gets a pass every year.

Izzo is a committee darling. At 17-11 and only 2 wins on the road all year, non conference and b10; they arent talked about bubble wise. They are in. And btw, 1 of those wins was at minny 75-74. BS. Izzo is a great coach, but no way should they not be sweating it, and the cuse be sweating. The ACC is way better than the B10 this year and we have way more top 10 wins. Izzo gets a pass every year.
Everything I've read has MSU out and says they need to win 3 of 4 to have a shot. Where have you seen them safely in the field? They only have 1 win versus the rpi top 35 I think.

Everything I've read has MSU out and says they need to win 3 of 4 to have a shot. Where have you seen them safely in the field? They only have 1 win versus the rpi top 35 I think.

As of 4 hrs ago lunardi has MSU as a 10 seed in the west. No sweat. BS.

Committee likes teams that extend themselves in OOC - they have always favoured those teams on the bubble line. They also have no bad losses. That's the main reason people view them as ahead of us.

But they are not a lock either -- like us if they lose their last 3 games they are out of the tournament (or at least out before the B10 tournament starts). They are not that far ahead of us really.

A 10 seed with 3 games left in the regular season is very far from a lock.

Yes, but 3 steps away from being out. The 4 teams as last 4 in and last 4 out are all behind MSU. thats a solid in the field bid. The fact they arent being talked about as last 4 in or next 4 is BS. AS of tonight, they are IN.

What's our record vs too 50? Curious

6-6. Very impressive for a bubble team. Quality wins is typically the highest priority.

This is offset by the negatives that area also high priorities
- Less Road and Neutral wins then all other bubble teams
- At least 1 more bad loss than other teams
- Poor OOC SOS.

Yes, it's a good win now, but 2 road wins for an entire season is rediculous.

They also have 2 neutral court wins (including a quality one vs Wichita St). We have no neutral wins and the same 2 road wins.

I don't see the big gap between the teams that you claim exists. If you look at the matrix both teams are pretty much seeded the same on the new brackets.

Something else to consider:

Syracuse 3 most impressive wins: Home vs Duke, Home vs Florida St, Home vs Virginia
Michigan St 3 most impressive wins: At Minnesota, Neutral Wichita St, Home vs Minnesota

The committee doesn't really see our 3 wins as more impressive than their 3 wins. Where the game is played definetely matters.

They also have 2 neutral court wins (including a quality one vs Wichita St). We have no neutral wins and the same 2 road wins.

I don't see the big gap between the teams that you claim exists. If you look at the matrix both teams are pretty much seeded the same on the new brackets.

Yes, seeded the same, but msu is in, not close to the bubble. We will sweat it to the end.

Something else to consider:

Syracuse 3 most impressive wins: Home vs Duke, Home vs Florida St, Home vs Virginia
Michigan St 3 most impressive wins: At Minnesota, Neutral Wichita St, Home vs Minnesota

The committee doesn't really see our 3 wins as more impressive than their 3 wins. Where the game is played definetely matters.
Does the fact that 2 of MSU's impressive wins are against the same team devalue them slightly? (The whole "horses for courses" argument.)

If Miami and Clemson finish strong, two more of our wins could get promoted.

Win at Louisville, and a lot of this becomes moot.

image.jpg
Does the fact that 2 of MSU's impressive wins are against the same team devalue them slightly? (The whole "horses for courses" argument.)

If Miami and Clemson finish strong, two more of our wins could get promoted.

Win at Louisville, and a lot of this becomes moot.

What's our record vs too 50? Curious
I think it is 6-7 as during the game before it was over I kind of remember seeing a graphic that Syracuse was 5-7 against top 50 teams

I think it is 6-7 as during the game before it was over I kind of remember seeing a graphic that Syracuse was 5-7 against top 50 teams
and that's including Monmouth for the time being - they're teetering in and out of top 50

they beat minnesota twice so that is 2 wins

Record vs. RPI Top 50 (Top 25)

Michigan State - 4-6 (2-6)
Syracuse - 6-6 (3-3)

Sagarin/KenPom/BPI/RPI = Average Rating

Michigan State - 46.75
Syracuse - 38/46/31/76 = 47.75

Advantage: Syracuse (slight)

Interesting, Palm has the Cuse playing TCU in Dayton to play into the 11 seed.