NCAA changes charge-block rule and adds several experimental rules | Syracusefan.com

NCAA changes charge-block rule and adds several experimental rules

They need a rule that allows replay on controversial block/charge calls--maybe one per half per team.

Nothing else will stop the Tony Greens of the world from trying to make SportsCenter.

Hooray for reducing timeouts.

Maybe they should consider getting rid of the post charge altogether over time on anything but elbow and forearm swings. Let the bigs that can score with alittle elbow dip and contact bump and score. Its gets old watching them play tentative all the time. I miss the good old days where bigs could actually play aggressive instead of having to rely on tentative dribbling followed by finesse hook shots. Maybe add a secondary midpost arc where if they receive the ball inside of, they are allowed to bump more without getting whistled for a flop.

Its getting rediculous adding a few new rules every year. Change it to every 5 years or something.

I am so happy with the TO rule, I've been asking for that for a while. In the NBA it doesn;t have to be within 30 seconds of the media time out, but it's a start

I am so happy with the TO rule, I've been asking for that for a while. In the NBA it doesn;t have to be within 30 seconds of the media time out, but it's a start

All these rules are just the begrudging acceptance of NBA rules. The sooner the NCAA adopts the NBA rules and spirit of the rules, the better (for the most part).

The post play rules suck. They're attempting to fix something that isn't broken.

The change to the charge-block call is nice.

The timeout rule would be awesome. Suck It, Pitino!

Maybe they should consider getting rid of the post charge altogether over time on anything but elbow and forearm swings. Let the bigs that can score with alittle elbow dip and contact bump and score. Its gets old watching them play tentative all the time. I miss the good old days where bigs could actually play aggressive instead of having to rely on tentative dribbling followed by finesse hook shots. Maybe add a secondary midpost arc where if they receive the ball inside of, they are allowed to bump more without getting whistled for a flop.

Its getting rediculous adding a few new rules every year. Change it to every 5 years or something.
It's a tough call. I like seeing some physical play in the post, but I hated seeing the Shaq run you over move too. There has to be a balance.

I like the expanded restricted area concept. Make it twice the size it is now and that would get rid of most of the controversial block/charges. Allow use of replay for the block/charge in the last 2 minutes of games and OT. The action is too fast for refs to get the call right 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom