NCAA could have a hand in slowing conference realignment expansion by allowing Big 12 waiver... | Syracusefan.com

NCAA could have a hand in slowing conference realignment expansion by allowing Big 12 waiver...

Let the Big 12 have a Championship Game. Who cares?

About 10 years too late.

The ACC would've stopped at 10 by only adding Miami.

Let the Big 12 have a Championship Game. Who cares?
i do.

making them have a champ game at 12, forces more expansion.

it will force texas to either take, say byu and cincy, or to just pick up their footballs and go to the pac or b1g.

IMO: the bevo is by far the weakest and most worthless conf out there. somehow, theyve managed to pull the wool over everyones eyes or have more media members doing their dirty work claiming to be unbiased (like liberals and the media) than they care to let on about.

they need to have 12 and a champ game for it evens the playing field. texas cant just beat okie in oct, then play shlitball teams in nov and then wait for the F4.

no way, no how.

play a champ game.

unzip your fly and expose the conf to be nothing more than the wizard of oz.

Oh Lord

i do.

it will force texas to either take, say byu and cincy, or to just pick up their footballs and go to the pac or b1g.

IMO: the bevo is by far the weakest and most worthless conf out there. somehow, theyve managed to pull the wool over everyones eyes or have more media members doing their dirty work claiming to be unbiased (like liberals and the media) than they care to let on about.

they need to have 12 and a champ game for it evens the playing field. texas cant just beat okie in oct, then play shlitball teams in nov and then wait for the F4.

no way, no how.

play a champ game.

Oh Lord

Your replies are poetic!!

Also signals that the Big 12 can't attract 2 more teams that are worth a d@mn or this would be a non issue and theyd be back at 12.

"We are unconvinced at this point that larger is better," Bowlsby said.

:rolling:

About 10 years too late.

The ACC would've stopped at 10 by only adding Miami.
Didn't they appeal again at 11 after adding VPI and get denied again?

Not sure what, if any, say they have on the matter, but I wonder if the ACC will get behind this since it's consistent with their prior position (now ours? it certainly wasn't at the time) or take the approach that since they were forced to expand, so should the B12. The latter position would indicate that the ACC has no fear of being poached - at least by the B12.

Nobody is leaving the ACC for the Big12. The only way to stop expansion is to tell the SEC and Big12 not to take anymore teams. That is the treat to the ACC not the Big12. If the Big12 was a hot spot for ACC schools they would have left already. But the fact is we are not in treat from the Big12. The Big12 only comes into play if the ACC and Big10 take enough teams to destroy the ACC.

i do.

no way, no how.

play a champ game.

Oh Lord
They could try yo get byu and cincy but doubt it,its,but likely and wat im afraid of they'll go after FSU and clemson and god I hope not

i do.

no way, no how.

play a champ game.

Oh Lord

Its a good conference right now. BUT...add 2 teams (who will suck) and it is going to become the weakest BCS conference.

So they can't go to 12 teams, every school gets less money and the league looks worse. They screwed up not taking Louisville when they were homeless (they really should have added LVille and BYU.)

Adding teams isn't always a good idea. I mean, last year if the Pac 12 didn't have the garbage that was Utah and Colorado they are definitely the #2 strongest conference hands down after the SEC. Cal was the closest team to beating Ohio St.

"We are unconvinced at this point that larger is better," Bowlsby said.

:rolling:

Translated: "Texas doesn't want to expand because they can't win the conference with only 10 members so adding 2 more would make it even harder."

Translated: "Texas doesn't want to expand because they can't win the conference with only 10 members so adding 2 more would make it even harder."

Or translated another way, "No one wants to join our conference unless they have no other options. So I guess we're sticking with ten."

Tejas wants to keep it at 1o so when they decide to leave the whole league will implode and they won't have to pay up.

Tejas wants to keep it at 1o so when they decide to leave the whole league will implode and they won't have to pay up.

This may be more true than most people like to admit but secretly "know" in their hearts/minds. The reality is that if teh Big 12 brings in some football kings (FSU, Miami) and/or barons (Clemson, VATech), they may not be able to control their own destiny in leaving when they want. As the ruled the roost with TAMU and UNL, I've no doubt they'd still be in total control with FSU and Miami. Ironically, what makes Texas so strong and attractive to other conferences make them odious for school considering joining the Big 12.

I speak with may UT alumni and they agree that Texas would have to give up a lot of power/influence if they join a different conference. That is what keeps Texas in the Big 12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom