NCAA Council approves temporary waiving of initial scholarship limits for the next two academic years | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Council approves temporary waiving of initial scholarship limits for the next two academic years

you bring in 50 and you have a bigger issue 4 yrs down the road when it goes back to 25 again.

kids-run-around-playing-musical-chairs-game-picture-id506429829

Still the 85 cap. This seems reasonable to me
It doesn’t to high school seniors who will have a reduced number of D1 scholarships available until the covid year classes cycle through.

It doesn’t to high school seniors who will have a reduced number of D1 scholarships available until the covid year classes cycle through.
I don't know. Some schools will take more than 25, some will take exactly 25, and some less than 25 if the cap remains at 85. College seniors will still graduate and schools will need to bring in more recruits. I'm not sure it's that bad. And anyway, if it doesn't work so well in practice, then it gets scrapped after 2 years either way

If you have 25 players graduating and another 10 hit the portal, you'd be kinda screwed with the annual limit.

Hopefully in 2 years when all the "covid" players have moved on, things will stabilize.

This could work, but it would be more useful if the portal was better aligned with timing for recruiting cycles.