NCAA enforcement in action | Syracusefan.com

NCAA enforcement in action

So does the digging continue with the Penn St punishments? Or does the NCAA have a change of heart and change the punishment before it gets ugly on that front as well?

So does the digging continue with the Penn St punishments? Or does the NCAA have a change of heart and change the punishment before it gets ugly on that front as well?

Hopefully they take this out on them.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Hopefully they take this out on them.

Hopefully.. but I doubt it.. the endless facebook comments about PSU being wronged and proof is in the Miami investigation is getting old... makes me think its only a matter of time before the paterno cult pushes its way into a successful counter attack on the NCAA. And this is being said as someone who was born in PSU country and the family/friends are all about PSU football . For a while I was absolutely a traitor for going to SU haha... so bad that as a family we rarely watched college sports.. only my old man and I who were longtime SU fans ..

... makes me think its only a matter of time before the paterno cult pushes its way into a successful counter attack on the NCAA
I would actually like to see this happen. Probably won't for fear of backlash. I'm no Penn St. fan, but they got hosed by the NCAA. Sandusky was a criminal matter involving a coach. The NCAA had no jurisdiction at all as it had nothing to do with scholarship athletes.

I would actually like to see this happen. Probably won't for fear of backlash. I'm no Penn St. fan, but they got hosed by the NCAA. Sandusky was a criminal matter involving a coach. The NCAA had no jurisdiction at all as it had nothing to do with scholarship athletes.
I agree, grab the popcorn for this 'cuz its coming to a cable network near you. This has Supreme Court written all over it.

I see the NCAA eventually caving to PSU.
Its no coincidence that all this realignment talk, led by the B1G, posits that 4 mega-conferences will eventually split from the NCAA.
In a few years, college sports may look totally different with the NCAA going the way of the old AAU.
We shall see.

It did when the university and athletic department looked the other way.

2-3 decades isn't just a criminal matter.

Penn Stare would be very smart to let this go. They keep on and eventually the federal government will be forced to get involved, and if you think we went though a long process with Bernie, that's nothing compared to what they will do to Penn State where you already have a convicted Sandusky.

In a few years, college sports may look totally different with the NCAA going the way of the old AAU.
Only to be replaced by something similar.

Remember, the NCAA is organized by, and serves, the member institutions. A new, smaller, group of institutions will still have rules and agreements. Where there are rules there's a need to respect & enforce them.

It did when the university and athletic department looked the other way.

2-3 decades isn't just a criminal matter.
Not following your logic. 2-3 decades or 2-3 minutes. It's still a criminal matter. Any conspiracy involved a handful of people at the most, not the entire university and athletic department. Those people should be prosecuted and punished if found guilty according to Pennsylvania law. The NCAA gutted a program and hauled off truckloads of cash at the same time. I don't see how that's fair or even legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom