NCAA finally ready to drop the hammer? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA finally ready to drop the hammer?

The NCAA would have to start enforcing rules Elliott Ness style for anyone to believe that tiger has changed its stripes. Easier to do nothing significant to any program of significance and at least they’re consistent when they do nothing for future infractions.

The NCAA has no choice this time. This is all about them. I believe that they realize that if they dont come down hard they risk becoming irrelevant. The NC case was and still is very damaging for them. If in the wake of an FBI investigation that resulted in convictions and as importantly irrefutable evidence of significant violations they dont take a hard stance they will have basically surrendered any ability to police their own rules. In short they would be committing professional suicide. They are going to hammer some schools.

I completly agree. I understand peoples skepticism but they cant appear to weak here, not only would there be push back from the general public but that in turn could encourage push back from news outlets and even politicians who might start asking what is going on here, and rightfully so. The ncaa has been making an absolute killing over the past decade, no way they want to mess a good thing up by bringing too much attention to this situation. I would bet there won't be any death penalties issued but they also cant be to soft or look the other way.

My guesses, in bold
Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
North Carolina State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington
Texas
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Creighton
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Iowa State
Oklahoma St
Auburn
Arizona
Jacksonville University
UMass Lowell
University of Idaho
UNC Asheville
University of Detroit Mercy
Rutgers

I am confused, I didn't think Rutgers was still division I

What picture, do you mean?
images
Cheaters recruiting cheaters

I completly agree. I understand peoples skepticism but they cant appear to weak here, not only would there be push back from the general public but that in turn could encourage push back from news outlets and even politicians who might start asking what is going on here, and rightfully so. The ncaa has been making an absolute killing over the past decade, no way they want to mess a good thing up by bringing too much attention to this situation. I would bet there won't be any death penalties issued but they also cant be to soft or look the other way.
The NCAA doesn't care about the general public, who has proven repeatedly that time is a great memory/ thought eraser. As for not wanting to "ruin a good thing", that's exactly why the NCAA probably won't come down hard on any big name programs. The NCAA is afraid of the big name schools and conferences because they can take their balls and go start a new association. The status quo keeps the NCAA viable and the NCAA keeps the middle tier programs/conferences somewhat relevant.

Hasn’t Devo been the most consistent force over the years during these tournaments and even the reason his friend, Crawford, is on the team this year?

The Blue Blood schools drive the TV ratings so they get a pass or slap on the wrist. Others get hammered. It's a rigged system.

The Blue Blood schools drive the TV ratings so they get a pass or slap on the wrist. Others get hammered. It's a rigged system.
Which TV ratings? The ones for the regular season for which India-noplace gets a grand total of $0.00 per a ruling by the Supreme Court? Or the ones for the tournament which has a contract running through 2024 and will pay the NCAA the same amount regardless of whether the Final 4 is UNC Chapel Hill-Kentucky-Duke-Michigan State or UNC Asheville-Kentucky State-Dayton-Eastern Michigan in a given year?