NCAA has issued UNC another notice of allegations. | Syracusefan.com

NCAA has issued UNC another notice of allegations.

This is great. They can just keep getting new notices of allegations every 89 days to reset the 90 day clock on anything happening.

Can just keep that cycle up until Trump disbands the NCAA because somebody who works there has a Mexican heritage.

This is great. They can just keep getting new notices of allegations every 89 days to reset the 90 day clock on anything happening.

Can just keep that cycle up until Trump disbands the NCAA because somebody who works there has a Mexican heritage.
Well, we all agree that there are some bad hombres at the NCAA. ;)

Not sure what this means other than resolution can be slow walked past the Final Four AGAIN!
UNC receives a third notice of allegations from the NCAA
Correct. But it could also mean that UNC BB and FB are involved in the revision, which could be a good thing. I know that some outside observers, like Dana O'Neil, were, to put it mildly, surprised when any mention of Roy's Boys was omitted from the first revision. Nothing had changed from Notice #1 to #2 except some additional information about women's hoops and men's soccer.

O'Neil's essay: Latest twist in UNC's NCAA case is a head-scratcher

If they keep getting new notices of allegations, won't that be evidence of lack of institutional control?

The allegations on the April 2016 revision had seemingly softened the blow significantly against the mens basketball team. I didn't realize that the woman's team had essentially been scapegoated until reading a few links in this thread (such as the one provided by Longislandcuse)

It's good to see that at least now the allegations in the first notice against the Men's BB and FB teams should be brought back which would make sense. (But I will only believe it when I see it)

From O'Neil's article on April 25, 2016

upload_2016-12-21_13-38-6.png

upload_2016-12-21_13-39-10.png

upload_2016-12-21_13-44-54.png

In the words of Coach Ratface - "Amazing"

Last edited:
If they keep getting new notices of allegations, won't that be evidence of lack of institutional control?
From what I can gather from discussions on various boards, the new NOAs are refinements of the charges released earlier and not a wholesale list of new charges, indicating the deadly LOIC. As it is, the fact that the AFAM Department could do this shows a complete and utter LOIC for athletics and academics as well.

From what I can gather from discussions on various boards, the new NOAs are refinements of the charges released earlier and not a wholesale list of new charges, indicating the deadly LOIC. As it is, the fact that the AFAM Department could do this shows a complete and utter LOIC for athletics and academics as well.
Actually, if the school allows AFAM to do what they did, they ARE in control, thus avoiding the LOIC charge.

Will Roy Williams attempt to shame the NCAA the way he did with Bonnie Bernstein?

They give them a new notice and they put the UNC case at the bottom of the pile

They will do nothing to Carolina. No wins will be taken away, no punishment of any meaningful kind. We are talking about the NCAA here.

They will do nothing to Carolina. No wins will be taken away, no punishment of any meaningful kind. We are talking about the NCAA here.
I was in total agreement on that too - until the information that got released today. The NCAA had to expand their claims for a reason. They had the hoop team out if they stood pat, why bring them back if you weren't planning to do something.

I was in total agreement on that too - until the information that got released today. The NCAA had to expand their claims for a reason. They had the hoop team out if they stood pat, why bring them back if you weren't planning to do something.
To be clear I'm speaking of the Hoops team. They will take no wins away from Mens Basketball or punish them in any way. They will punish the football program in some small way and punish the womens basketball program a little more. They will fine them an amount that means nothing to the university.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom