NCAA Record for most wins still in sight | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Record for most wins still in sight

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
The fact that 39-1 is still a possibility is mind-tingling crazy with as many as 11 games potentially left this season if the stars aligned in our favor.

Got me thinking about what the record is for most wins in a season. Looks like Memphis won 38 games that never really happened after they were stripped in the 2008 season which officially makes 5 teams tied with the record for 37 wins in a season. If we win the next 2, we could afford a loss in either championship game (BET or NCAA) and take the record for most wins in the season.

I know it's not the highest probability in the world, but pretty cool to even consider the fact that it's even a possibility.

Great to even be thinking about it on 2-23-12... We could hold the record until 12-21-12 at least..

No one here cares if we break the wins record, Rags. We'll still suck and Dion will still be fat.

Most NCAA wins ever with a fat shooting guard. Maybe we can win that.

This would actually be an awesome record to have

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!!!!

I am gonna go ahead and say I look forward to bumping this April third Rags.

As Marsh says, all-in.

Yeah I gotta say this is total bull hockey. I've been reading here that wins are the least reliable stat to judge a team by and that most of ours are "fantom wins" or "fools gold" anyway. I'm pretty sure we should be trying to get the record for most consecutive offensive rebounds in a game.

We already have the record for most wins (28) in a season for a team with SERIOUS issues...

I'm not sure what the record is for most wins and math was never my best subject, but I do know that we have 2 regular season games remaining, and with a double bye in the BET tournamnent we will play a maximum of 2 games there. Add in a maximum of of 6 games in the NCAA tournament and the maximum games remaining is 10... or 38 wins that are possible.

I'm not sure what the record is for most wins and math was never my best subject, but I do know that we have 2 regular season games remaining, and with a double bye in the BET tournamnent we will play a maximum of 2 games there. Add in a maximum of of 6 games in the NCAA tournament and the maximum games remaining is 10... or 38 wins that are possible.

Three games max in the BET. Quarters, semis, finals.