NCAA to experiment with new bonus free throw rules at NIT | Syracusefan.com

NCAA to experiment with new bonus free throw rules at NIT

Instead of 1-and-1 after 7 fouls or even 2 shots after 10, I'd go with awarding the fouled team 1 shot and the ball on the 7th foul and thereafter. I do like the 20 second reset after an offensive rebound. Use the FIBA foul lane as well as 3-point line. The reset after X minutes smacks of going to quarters and I don't want to see 2 additional chances to play for the last shot. The 2-minutes stuff is the NBA. No.

Last edited:
1st step in changing the 2 20 minute halves to 4 10 minute quarters.
1550886913631.gif

One and one is the stupidest rule in basketball. FIBA had it right: In each 20 min half, shoot 2 on the 8th. Also, I reffed some games with that wider lane. It cleans up play because it's easier to see fouls, even on rebounds because players box out from farther out.

really want to see the 3 pt line pushed back, although not sure how it would impact our defense.

really want to see the 3 pt line pushed back, although not sure how it would impact our defense.

Speaking strictly as an SU fan, I wouldn't want it moved. It's close enough for the other team to want to shoot from it, and it's also close enough so SU can defend those shooters. Just IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom