NCAA Women's Hoops Selection Show Tonight at 7 PM on ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Women's Hoops Selection Show Tonight at 7 PM on ESPN

The SU women got screwed worse than the SU men. I know this is not a like for like comparison, but the 21st ranked men's team is Butler, who got a 4 seed.

NCAA put SU as an 8th seed in Storrs to play UConn in the 2nd round. The girls have been ranked in the top 25 only to be placed in the 32-35 range while Miami got a 4 seed with worse record in league and SU crushed them.

Would love to know the reasoning behind the committee placing them as a 8 seed.

Well that sucks. Women get to play 1 game then get destroyed by UConn...like everyone else will too. Would have been interesting to see if they could make another run to FF if they went to a region away from UConn. Uconn has already beaten most of the other top seeds during the regular season. It would be more interesting to select an all star team from the Field and let them play UConn.

I am still in shock. I was planning to travel to the games this week. Was in touch with SU staff and knew what they felt the options were. I had flights lined up for those options. Also not thrilled with heading into cold weather. I would do it to visit Syracuse or visit my son in Toronto. But what am I to do in Storrs in between games? No thanks. I 'll stay in the warm weather, do some work, and be ready to head out the 2nd weekend of the tourney. This is just crazy. Probably the worse thing Syracuse teams have faced. Think about Brittany who came back for one more season after deciding to leave after the UConn game was over. The next day she changed her mind so she could get another chance to play in a FF. This team pretty much only lost to ranked teams. No What losses except for one very early in the season. They almost beat Notre Dame. Yes they handily beat Miami who is a #4 seed. Makes NO SENSE.
So what do we need to do about it???? Win BOTH games in Storrs.
UConn has to lose eventually. Might as well be the team to get this done. Let's win Saturday and then show the NCAA who they were playing with, and go beat UConn.
I'll see you all in Bridgeport on the other side of the blizzard, super cold weather, and our TWO wins in Storrs.