NCState Beats FSU...DAMN | Syracusefan.com

NCState Beats FSU...DAMN

arbitragegls

All Conference
In Raleigh for the game...and got to say I was probably one of the few wearing NCState colors secretly rooting for FSU. The ACC needed a FSU win badly...the win could have provided the ACC with more 'good' football talk...and the possibility of getting two teams in the BCS.
Now WVU after its win vs. Texas is going to leap a number of teams in the BCS run...wait a NY minute...didnt 'Cuse wallop WVU a year ago Friday...just like we beat KSU in the pinstripe bowl...and both teams are now rising high in college football....(maybe we belong in the Big 12--haha--'Cuse 2-0 in last year vs. Big 12)

Best outcome of weekend was 'Cuse beating Pitt and leading the BE conference. Certainly hope we continue to win games and get to a Bowl...go 'Cuse!!!!

Even if they went undefeated and there were two other undefeated teams FSU was going to have trouble convincing people they deserved a shot at the NC due to the ACC strength, or lack thereof. With this loss, there is no way FSU contends for the NC. Jimbo Fisher showed he knew this when he said their focus still has to be winning the ACC. Maybe next year for the 'Noles. They still have a lot of talent and that talent is just starting to affect this team. I believe next year may be FSU's year.

Even if they went undefeated and there were two other undefeated teams FSU was going to have trouble convincing people they deserved a shot at the NC due to the ACC strength, or lack thereof. With this loss, there is no way FSU contends for the NC. Jimbo Fisher showed he knew this when he said their focus still has to be winning the ACC. Maybe next year for the 'Noles. They still have a lot of talent and that talent is just starting to affect this team. I believe next year may be FSU's year.
Agree but seems like next year has been every year for FSU winning the ACC and going to the NC. When the ACC invited both Miami and FSU the conference had significant expectations for these two teams to carry the football banner of the conference...so far this has been unfulfilled expectations...next year the ACC is saved by 'Cuse!!!

FSU would be behind Bama/Oregon and that's it but they blew that chance and the ACC needed them to step up but once again they didn't. It's too bad too because they have Florida and would have had WV if they (wv) didn't wuss out and cancel their game. They still have a shot to help the conference with a win over Florida.

Every time FSU fans complain about the ACC someone should just hold up a mirror.

Every time FSU fans complain about the ACC someone should just hold up a mirror.

Exactly. They cannot go undefeated against the teams they bitch about dragging down their sos but want to move to B12 and play Texas and OU every year? Makes total sense.

Exactly. They cannot go undefeated against the teams they bitch about dragging down their sos but want to move to B12 and play Texas and OU every year? Makes total sense.

It's always somebody else's fault or the grass is always greener with that group.

Was at the NC State game last might as well. Once I get the video uploaded to YouTube, I'll post here. Was a great atmosphere. We scalped tickets and ended up in the FSU family section 12 rows off the field. We all had Syracuse shirts on again and did a mini tailgate again. What a game to watch considering I didn't give a rats ass who won. Lots of cuse comments throughout the game. A couple fans saying congrats on beating Pitt. Great game to be at.

The ACC is the Big East with better tailgating.

Just add in UCONN and Notre Dame for everything and so "north south" with a northern division of Boston College, Connecticut, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Maryland Virginia and Virginia Tech and everything will be great.