ND-Cinci | Syracusefan.com

ND-Cinci

pearl31

in cahoots
irish are def a team to be reckoned with this year- possibly Bray's best team he's had...
Cincinnati, on the other hand, is once again pretty much a mess - plenty of talent but just disjointed on O and undisciplined on D. Each year I become more convinced that Cronin isn't much of a coach.

IMO

irish are def a team to be reckoned with this year- possibly Bray's best team he's had...
Cincinnati, on the other hand, is once again pretty much a mess - plenty of talent but just disjointed on O and undisciplined on D. Each year I become more convinced that Cronin isn't much of a coach.

IMO

I worry they will hit their stride when we play them. They are slumping right now.

ND is going to be a brutal game.

It seems like Cinci has too many players that all do the same thing on offense. Now if they are all hitting 3's they are very tough other than that its kind of who's turn is it.

ND is going to be the toughest matchup for us all year. Elite backcourt, shooters everywhere, BE POY-type big man; we just have to hope their shooters are ice cold when we see them.

UC doesn't have the scorers. It's Wright, Kilpatrick, and not much else, Parker can get hot, but he's not scary. In the BET last year they pretty much didn't miss a 3 vs. us and still almost lost...

yeah, and they're deep as he11 but most of the dudes they bring off the bench just don't really give much at all.

yeah, and they're deep as he11 but most of the dudes they bring off the bench just don't really give much at all.
Just because they play all those guys doesn't mean they should...

or at least < 50%. I think they're like 9/15 so far tonight.
That'd be nice. But Cooley is going to give us fits too, I expect BMK/Rak to use most of their fouls. But man, Atkins and Grant are really good players, and their actually likable, unlike Chris Thomas, Matt Carroll, Colin Falls and Chris Quinn

Just because they play all those guys doesn't mean they should...

LOL right other than PArker Kilpatrick and Wright the rest aren't memorable and are interchangable because they aren't that good IMO.

As far as ND goes if we spread that zone and keep Atkins from driving too much I feel good about it plus they will have a hard time guarding our lineup of MCW, Brandon, CJ and James.

As far as ND goes if we spread that zone and keep Atkins from driving too much I feel good about it plus they will have a hard time guarding our lineup of MCW, Brandon, CJ and James.
yeah when they're in M2M they'll probably have to have Martin on CJ, and CJ should completely eat him up. and Atkins on either MCW or BT will be problematic for them as well.

Hmmmm Cronin almost as bad at math as Heath was yesterday.

LOL right other than PArker Kilpatrick and Wright the rest aren't memorable and are interchangable because they aren't that good IMO.

We have to make it a track meet, ND isn't very deep and we can't let Cooley getting comfortable. I agree that extending zone might be the best bet, but I shudder at the thought of Cooley going 1 on 1 with Rak or BMK downlow right now.

yeah when they're in M2M they'll probably have to have Martin on CJ, and CJ should completely eat him up. and Atkins on either MCW or BT will be problematic for them as well.

And there zone blows IMO. Grant just hit asick jumper for them a minute ago . . . he could guard one of our guards but your right who and how does Atkins check one of them.

The motion offense that ND is running tends to struggle against our zone. Not as worried as some about nd. They also don't pressure the perimeter much on defense.

We have to make it a track meet, ND isn't very deep and we can't let Cooley getting comfortable. I agree that extending zone might be the best bet, but I shudder at the thought of Cooley going 1 on 1 with Rak or BMK downlow right now.

RAk doesn't get muscled as much as Baye. Cooley would do much better against Baye IMO I think Rak would do OK. Agree about playing an up and down game with them being to our advantage but it will be hard to do because they pass and take care of the ball so they are hard to press. It will be important to get ahead of them and make them chase us rather than take there time in a close game.

RAk doesn't get muscled as much as Baye. Cooley would do much better against Baye IMO I think Rak would do OK. Agree about playing an up and down game with them being to our advantage but it will be hard to do because they pass and take care of the ball so they are hard to press. It will be important to get ahead of them and make them chase us rather than take there time in a close game.
Yep, Rak is our best bet, too bad DC2 has been so far behind defensively, he could be really useful in that game.

That's the most frustrating thing about ND vs. us. They eat clock, the pass really well, and they take care of the ball. But you're right, if we let them get up early, it'll be a long night, we absolutely have to dictate tempo

DC2 and Cooley banging would be interesting to see.

That's the most frustrating thing about ND vs. us. They eat clock, the pass really well, and they take care of the ball. But you're right, if we let them get up early, it'll be a long night, we absolutely have to dictate tempo
and you can bet Brey will have them playing extra slow in the game against us

btw, wonder if the brilliant Dana O'neil will still have cinci rated above SU in her BE power rankings :rolleyes:
I was looking through the comments on those rankings. The Cinci fans were talking so much smack...

ND is going to be the toughest matchup for us all year. Elite backcourt, shooters everywhere, BE POY-type big man; we just have to hope their shooters are ice cold when we see them.

UC doesn't have the scorers. It's Wright, Kilpatrick, and not much else, Parker can get hot, but he's not scary. In the BET last year they pretty much didn't miss a 3 vs. us and still almost lost...

No matchup will be tougher that at Louisville and their pressure D.

The motion offense that ND is running tends to struggle against our zone. Not as worried as some about nd. They also don't pressure the perimeter much on defense.

ND isn't going to shoot 56% from three point range every single game either. They don't shoot lights out tonight, they lose. They were beat on the boards tonight too. This isn't going to be Jack Cooley playing against undermanned SU again. They lucked out meeting us without Fab last season. I do not fear the Irish.

That'd be nice. But Cooley is going to give us fits too, I expect BMK/Rak to use most of their fouls. But man, Atkins and Grant are really good players, and their actually likable, unlike Chris Thomas, Matt Carroll, Colin Falls and Chris Quinn

How can you forget mcalarney?? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2