ND is not joining any conference - so lets get over it. | Syracusefan.com

ND is not joining any conference - so lets get over it.

Crusty

Living Legend
ND's recent success virtually guarantees they can cut a new TV deal that will be far greater than any conference share could offer. They will remain independent for a very long time. They will not be forced to join a conference for any reason - period.

The ACC recognizes this and cut the best deal possible with ND. It works for everybody. (FSU and Clemson should be grateful because an ascendant ND would probably kick their butts year in and year out and they would never get to the playoffs.)

We should be content with the ND deal and move on. The future of the ACC will not be determined by ND joining as full member. The resolution must come elsewhere.

What is going to happen when they have no place for Olympic sports plus bb. They will be forced to join soon

ND's recent success virtually guarantees they can cut a new TV deal that will be far greater than any conference share could offer. They will remain independent for a very long time. They will not be forced to join a conference for any reason - period.

The ACC recognizes this and cut the best deal possible with ND. It works for everybody. (FSU and Clemson should be grateful because an ascendant ND would probably kick their butts year in and year out and they would never get to the playoffs.)

We should be content with the ND deal and move on. The future of the ACC will not be determined by ND joining as full member. The resolution must come elsewhere.

I have to believe at this point in time conference membership would pay them far more money than football Independence. Is NBC going to give them 25+ plus million a year?

What is going to happen when they have no place for Olympic sports plus bb. They will be forced to join soon

This will only happen if there is only the Big 10/Pac10 and the SEC...the others will let them in on their own terms.

Mostly agree. I'm not sold on ND being a consistent national power. Would they have joined the BE in the last 10 years, they wouldn't have competed for a BE championship even half of the time. Can't confuse this year for 20+ years of mediocrity.

I have to believe at this point in time conference membership would pay them far more money than football Independence. Is NBC going to give them 25+ plus million a year?

The 25 million is not just from tv.

ND want's a piece of the ACC's Bowl Bids...and when they expand the playoffs to 8 teams, ND will want the ACC's automatic bid. It's just a matter of time.

Can someone explain to me what's the benefit to the ACC to have Notre Dame as a partial member? Do they bring more credibility or more $$ or more negotiating power? It seems to me that ND gets all the benefits and whatever conference they are affiliated with gets screwed.

There is no such thing as never.

I heard the ratings for the ND-USC game were thru the roof.

The projected ratings for a ND-Alabama BCS championship game are also leaving execs drooling, from what I read anyway.

So I would guess that NBC, or someone, is going to give them an offer that will make joining a conference for all sports not look so hot. Meanwhile, the B1G's undefeated team sits home. Delany is probably fuming so badly over it, he's going to add Holy Cross and St. Mary's as #'s 15 and 16.

ND isn't coming anytime soon. But if we've learned anything its that the only constant in College football, its change.

I heard the ratings for the ND-USC game were thru the roof.

The projected ratings for a ND-Alabama BCS championship game are also leaving execs drooling, from what I read anyway.

So I would guess that NBC, or someone, is going to give them an offer that will make joining a conference for all sports not look so hot. Meanwhile, the B1G's undefeated team sits home. Delany is probably fuming so badly over it, he's going to add Holy Cross and St. Mary's as #'s 15 and 16.
Yesterday, the cheapest ticket you could find on Stubhub for the NC game was $1,500.00.

Yesterday, the cheapest ticket you could find on Stubhub for the NC game was $1,500.00.
And for now on, all ND game tickets will be $1,500 and they will never have another down season or decade again.

The ACC has to figure out the best long term move to satisfy the NC schools, GT and VA. The ACC can survive losing FSU but not these schools. Oddly enough, I don't think Clemson matters that much financially. Navy and UConn combined with ND as partial is better than MD and Rutgers. If that happens the ACC is much better off than it was at the start of the year.

I think that FSU, NC and VA could have jumped ship at any time and I doubt that MD and Rutgers is enough to make them jump ship. Delaney took them because he could not get anybody else to jump.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez. Next you'll be telling us tht Ped State won't join the ACC either.

I would be more than shocked if they joined a conference when sharing the wealth is a mandate. ND is a greedy school and will not give up their $ for anything except more $.:cool:

They may not have a choice at some point. This could go either way and anything

is possible.

I think that ND will join when the ACC budges on equal revenue sharing. As part of the ESPN contract negotiations, ND will get a bigger share of the tier 3 pie that accrues from the creation of the ACC network.

I doubt ND is joining for football anytime soon (as in the next 5-10 years), but they are otherwise an ACC member and carry value that will be monetized for the the benefit of all members. I do think if ND does join a conference it will be the ACC. Delany's recent actions have insured that IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom