Nd struggling with ND St | Syracusefan.com

Nd struggling with ND St

I didn't really understand why ND was considered a good team coming into the season. They have Grant and . . . . .. . ummm . .. . . . . . some big stiff ND type guys . . . . . . . . . . . and a couple of younger athletes.

North Dakota St is not a bad team - possibly best team in Summit. That being said Notre Dame looks like its on track for the bubble, and these type of losses AT HOME hurt your resume.

North Dakota St is not a bad team - possibly best team in Summit. That being said Notre Dame looks like its on track for the bubble, and these type of losses AT HOME hurt your resume.
Yup. You don't lose at home to North Dakota St and hope to make the tournament.

jncuse said:

They are pretty good and should get the ncaa bid from that conference

I didn't really understand why ND was considered a good team coming into the season. They have Grant and . . . . .. . ummm . .. . . . . . some big stiff ND type guys . . . . . . . . . . . and a couple of younger athletes.

Not much different than many of their recent teams in the last 7 to 8 seasons... many of those teams were so so in OOC, and Brey somehow got the most to raise there level of play in the Big East.

Not so sure it will work against new opponents.

@D1scourse: Things no one wants to hear: North Dakota State was 24-10 last year, had an RPI of 88 and brought back much of its team.

On a different note, Princeton is struggling with Rutgers. ;)

J--great job bringing this to the table. Had my company X-mas party tonight, so just checked all the scores---it's official--Rutgirls LOST to an Ivy League team (Princeton). I guess this is one downside of moving out of the Big East- last year, this embarrassment would have gotten a thread of it's own!!! But now, despite how bad they are, nobody gives a flying "f" about the poor lowly girls. (but it still made me laugh my arse off! )

They are pretty good and should get the ncaa bid from that conference

They also lost at home to Indiana St., who have been an upper tier MVC squad in recent years. The problem they are going to have is the ACC this year doesn't have the RPI heft of the more recent old Big East schedules. Their next two games are on neutral courts vs Indiana and Ohio St. They would help their NCAA status a lot by winning one of those. If they can't get a victory there, .500 in the ACC won't cut it.

J--great job bringing this to the table. Had my company X-mas party tonight, so just checked all the scores---it's official--Rutgirls LOST to an Ivy League team (Princeton). I guess this is one downside of moving out of the Big East- last year, this embarrassment would have gotten a thread of it's own!!! But now, despite how bad they are, nobody gives a flying "f" about the poor lowly girls. (but it still made me laugh my arse off! )

RU finished last in the Big 4 of New Jersey basketball again this year, finishing 0-3 against Princeton, Seton Hall and Fairleigh Dickinson. They are 4-7, have lost 5 in a row and 6 of 7 playing a truly pathetic OOC schedule. It is unbelievable how bad they are given their resources.

RU finished last in the Big 4 of New Jersey basketball again this year, finishing 0-3 against Princeton, Seton Hall and Fairleigh Dickinson. They are 4-7, have lost 5 in a row and 6 of 7 playing a truly pathetic OOC schedule. It is unbelievable how bad they are given their resources.
They have no guts. Ducking Rider again. Oh Lord

And honestly- if your "Big 4" consists of an Ivy, Seton Hall, and Fairly Ridiculous, and you're a large state-supported university that not only owns NYC but has close proximity to Philly, and you're a BCS conference school, you have no reason to suck in that context.

Rutgers should apply to the SUNYAC. The games at Purchase, New Paltz, and Old Westbury would no doubt be de facto home games for them. :bang:

Those bigs from ND State were incredible. Whoever their big man coach is needs to get a job at SU right now.

They are going to get eaten alive in the BIG next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...and the year after that…...

Those bigs from ND State were incredible. Whoever their big man coach is needs to get a job at SU right now.
Great point. All their bigs had a at least one low post go-to move.

They are going to get eaten alive in the BIG next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...and the year after that…...

In BOTH football and basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom