ND to ACC late night on Football board...didnt think we were that separate | Syracusefan.com

ND to ACC late night on Football board...didnt think we were that separate

arbitragegls

All Conference
but here is something else you may want to know...$50 million now in place is cost to leave ACC:
okay, here is something else to think about..ACC has increased price to leave conference to about $50 million...now that is going to keep us all together for a long, long time. By the way, more to come on the Orange Bowl...source says to keep an ear open. Pleased I was able to get this information to you all late last night..early morning...'Cuse board sort of broke the story!
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/notre-dame-sports-football-hockey-acc

i think louisville follows. great facilities and programs.

academics not strong enough...in the presser Notre Dame president mentioned academics more so than athletics

Louisville would be a perfect fit... if there academics were not so bad. ACC is a big believer in Academics, no way they invite Louisville in. I believe some people refer to them as a commuter school or something. There athletic program however is one of the more profitable ones in the country.

Louisville would be a perfect fit... if there academics were not so bad. There athletic program however is one of the more profitable ones in the country.

Well, academics appear to be lacking in other schools as well.

but here is something else you may want to know...$50 million now in place is cost to leave ACC:
okay, here is something else to think about..ACC has increased price to leave conference to about $50 million...now that is going to keep us all together for a long, long time. By the way, more to come on the Orange Bowl...source says to keep an ear open. Pleased I was able to get this information to you all late last night..early morning...'Cuse board sort of broke the story!​

Along with inviting Notre Dame, the ACC also says it has increased its exit fees for the conference's schools to three times the annual operation budget -- which would currently come to more than $50 million.

so does that mean every year the exit fee could go up?

Well, academics appear to be lacking in other schools as well.

Because the lowest ACC school (U.S. News and World Reports College Rankings) is North Carolina State at #106, Louisville is #160. Since 2006, no ACC school has dropped below #112. Also, the ACC is the only conference sense 2006 to have a top 10 university and all schools better than #120 every year. ACC takes there academics a little more serious then other conferences, and right now Lousiville is way off the mark. Louisville is not getting an invite.