(Near) Future Opponent: Texas Southern | Syracusefan.com

(Near) Future Opponent: Texas Southern

pearl31

in cahoots
Up 18 at halftime at Washington St.
They must be pretty good or WSU must be some special kind of p5 bad.
(Tex.Southern lost by 18 @ Gonzaga its first game)

kenpom's preseason ranking tabs wazzoo at 246, worst of all p5 teams by about 100 spots. they appear to be an even match for texas southern, #267

kenpom's preseason ranking tabs wazzoo at 246, worst of all p5 teams by about 100 spots. they appear to be an even match for texas southern, #267
not even today I guess!

Wash st did make a comeback but TexSouthern won by 2 - good call moqui

Without checking my data, to the best of my knowledge, take it for what it is worth, Bennett took Wazoo to the NCAA's twice in a row and they have never been there before or since. I think they even made a half way decent run one of those years.

Without checking my data, to the best of my knowledge, take it for what it is worth, Bennett took Wazoo to the NCAA's twice in a row and they have never been there before or since. I think they even made a half way decent run one of those years.
Had to look. They have a Helms title ;). 1917
Final four in 1941... (Edit) Pitt was there too

Last edited:
That's a pretty crazy schedule. I often of think of how cool it would be if Cuse did a series with a west coast team. I remember UCLA a while back. Maybe we'll set up something with UW. When we played the regional in San Jose (2013?) there were a ton of Cuse fans in the building. Or Gonzaga since jb is friends with Mark Few.

That's a pretty crazy schedule. I often of think of how cool it would be if Cuse did a series with a west coast team. I remember UCLA a while back. Maybe we'll set up something with UW. When we played the regional in San Jose (2013?) there were a ton of Cuse fans in the building. Or Gonzaga since jb is friends with Mark Few.
Yes please.

As you know, there is zero point zero chance of this happening with JB at the wheel. And to be honest with the recruiting footprint JB maintains, the decision makes sense. Not saying we all have to agree with the strategy but it is internally consistent.

Their November/December Schedule:

Nov 10 @ Gonzaga (Lost 69-97)
Nov 12 @ Washington State (Lost 84-86 OT)
Nov 16 @ Ohio State
Nov 18 @ Syracuse
Nov 21 @ Kansas
Nov 24 @ Clemson
Nov 30 @ Oakland
Dec 2 @ Toledo
Dec 11 @ Oregon
Dec 14 @ Baylor
Dec 14 @ Wyoming
Dec 18 @ TCU
Dec 23 @ BYU

They play their 1st home game January 1st... Whaaaaaaat...?

Sorry, didn't see this thread..

Last edited:
Their November/December Schedule:

Nov 10 @ Gonzaga (Lost 69-97)
Nov 12 @ Washington State (Lost 84-86 OT)
Nov 16 @ Ohio State
Nov 18 @ Syracuse
Nov 21 @ Kansas
Nov 24 @ Clemson
Nov 30 @ Oakland
Dec 2 @ Toledo
Dec 11 @ Oregon
Dec 14 @ Baylor
Dec 14 @ Wyoming
Dec 18 @ TCU
Dec 23 @ BYU

They play their 1st home game January 1st... Whaaaaaaat...?
If there is anything left of them by then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom