Need a 3rd Center next year | Syracusefan.com

Need a 3rd Center next year

orangemass

All American
not comfortable with chukwu or sidibe making it through a whole year healthy

Need a guard to complement Carey more than a 3rd center.

Who from that group would start on any decent ACC team?
Howard is currently starting for what looks to be a decent ACC team. The staff is high on Hughes. I think a 3 guard rotation of Howard, Carey, & Hughes off the bench with Washington as insurance will be adequate.

I think a 3rd C is the much bigger need. As it stands now, we're an injury & foul trouble away from Dolezaj at C & there's currently no change next year.

Need a guard to complement Carey more than a 3rd center.

Let's get both. I think it's time to use the full compliment of 13 scholarships, (we are back to that aren't we?) JB doesn't like more than 10 because the guys from 11-13 gripe too much about not playing. But we keep losing guys to jumps to the pros, leaving the team when you can't replace them, injuries, suspensions, etc. I'm tired of getting down to 6-7 not by choice but because that's all we've got.

I think we need a PF/C type and much more speed/athleticism on the perimeter.

I'd like to see the staff focus on a high level SG for next season. After that, they could go for a center, but it's probably going to be more of a 'project' type player, so I'm not sure how much it would help since the 3rd string center would probably be one of the forwards anyway. I'd be okay with the staff banking a scholarship or two to use in the 2019 class. They'd have a better shot at an elite Center with Sidibe and Chukwu nearing the end of their careers, leaving PT available.

Who from that group would start on any decent ACC team?
Howard’s starting on a ACC team, and soon to be top 25 team, as we speak. Next question please.

I think we need a PF/C type and much more speed/athleticism on the perimeter.

Ideally you'd want someone like Christmas who can play the 4 and 5. Brissett has the athleticism to do that but I'm not sure he has the aptitude. Which is why Dolezaj makes a lot more sense in there. He does some nice things positioning wise that makes it difficult. His rebounding due to girth/height isn't optimal but positionally, he might better than either of our current centers at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom