Need Help! | Syracusefan.com

Need Help!

NCSUgrad12

Walk On
2012 NC State grad here needing some help. I'm making the trip down from Fort Drum for the game tonight. What is the best place to grab a bite to eat and have a drink before the game? Can't wait for my first experience inside the Carrier Dome! Thanks for the help!

Depends on how early you are coming.

Varsity is close... Ok food but historic. Faegans also walking distance with good food.

BOTH will be packed.

You can always hit Dinosaur BBQ.

If its your first time in the dome just go straight to the dome. Hang in the backcourt, get BBQ in section 118 and drink all sorts of craft brews and watch the Mecca fill up around you.

Thanks for your service and have a great time!

If you get down early enough you could always hit Destiny mall for a bite and a spin around Pole Position. Otherwise, there is Tully's on Erie Blvd that is still on the same side of town. The places near campus will be packed.

EDIT: on second thought, listen to 690!

Last edited:
2012 NC State grad here needing some help. I'm making the trip down from Fort Drum for the game tonight. What is the best place to grab a bite to eat and have a drink before the game? Can't wait for my first experience inside the Carrier Dome! Thanks for the help!
Assuming you don't want to get back in your car after you stop, just park as close as you can to Marshall St, and take your pick of places, if you can get in. Or if you can park.

If you are an active service member and you have your ID with you, I believe you can park at the VA Hospital Parking Garage for free. It is within a very short walk to the Dome and also to Marshall Street. The garage is located on Irvine Ave. Most direct path is Harrison St Exit off 81 south to Adams. Take left on Adams and then right on Irvine. You will pass the Children's Hospital and Crouse before you come to the VA.
Enjoy the game. Thank you for your service.

If you are an active service member and you have your ID with you, I believe you can park at the VA Hospital Parking Garage for free. It is within a very short walk to the Dome and also to Marshall Street. The garage is located on Irvine Ave. Most direct path is Harrison St Exit off 81 south to Adams. Take left on Adams and then right on Irvine. You will pass the Children's Hospital and Crouse before you come to the VA.
Enjoy the game. Thank you for your service.
Small correction if you are using a smartphone search:

It's Irving Ave, not Irvine.

Thanks for all of the input! Really looking forward to it!
I think lots of Duke fans had good experiences at the Dome, except for maybe one. You should as well as long as you don't get cocky if NC State takes an early lead. That VA parking sounds like a great deal and have a cocktail or two at one of the local bars near Marshall Street and then head up to the Dome like 690 said and soak it all in.

HarrisonJBounel said:
Small correction if you are using a smartphone search: It's Irving Ave, not Irvine.

And Irving is the front side of the garage and fans can't enter that side. They have to enter it on the back side and it is $5 for military or ex military with military ID.

I don't have any help to add, but wanted to say thanks for your service and I hope everyone treats you well. I lived in RTP area for 11 years and have family who are NCSt alums as well. All that being said, "GO 'CUSE!!"

Definitely get to the Dome early. Doors open at 5. Plenty to eat and drink there in the back court. Shoot a few free throws to help the Boeheim Foundation. Tell Kelly, the pretty blonde behind the table, that I sent you... and tell her I said she should give you a tee-shirt even if you miss your free throws.

Last edited:
cto said:
Definitely get to the Dome early. Doors open at 5:30. Plenty to eat and drink there in the back court. Shoot a few free throws to help the Boeheim Foundation. Tell Kelly the pretty blonde behind the table that I sent you... and tell her I said she should give you a tee-shirt even if you miss your free throws.

Opening at 5.