Need some advice for BET... | Syracusefan.com

Need some advice for BET...

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
My son and his buddy may drive to NYC to go to BET this coming week. They are not sure where to stay, where hotels are compared to MSG, and trying to balance cost with relative proximity to MSG. Anyone who knows the area and goes to the BET have some advice? Places to stay? Places to hang out? Etc. They'd probably buy tickets online. Thanks for any help you can provide.

My son and his buddy may drive to NYC to go to BET this coming week. They are not sure where to stay, where hotels are compared to MSG, and trying to balance cost with relative proximity to MSG. Anyone who knows the area and goes to the BET have some advice? Places to stay? Places to hang out? Etc. They'd probably buy tickets online. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I really cant help with the hotels, if they're looking outside the box check out the Holiday Inn in Long Island City, a 15 minute subway ride away. Otherwise there are bunch of places in the area and you're pretty much within walking distance from MSG anywhere on the West side from 20th to 50th streets.

As far as hanging out, if they want the full Syracuse BET experience just stick to Stout, Feile, and of course the Blarney on 33rd st just east of MSG. They'll find a ton of orange at all three bars plus you can mix it up a bit with fans of other schools.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mark's guide is a great resource and I recommend reading it carefully before heading down.

The one paragraph answer is, go to priceline.com, enter in NYC, the dates you will be there, select 3 stars or better, select midtown (closest to MSG, safe) and theatre district (walkable, close to Time Square and the theatres, very safe and tourist friendly) and bid somewhere in the $125-$150 range. You should be able to score a room for that price (though I have never waited this late to get a reservation). Hang out at the Blarney Rock, which is on 33rd, between 7th and 8th Avenues. Big SU bar, good place to buy reasonable priced tickets. Loud and very crowded when SU is playing. Only a block from MSG. The Stout is next store to the Blarney if you want a quieter, more upscale environment.

Good luck.