Need Some ManCave Ideas | Syracusefan.com

Need Some ManCave Ideas

Toronto Cuse

Walk On
Hey guys,

I am in the middle of finishing my basement and my wife has given me the green light to decorate how ever I see fit. Since I had absolutely no say in designing the rest of the house, I have been told this is my space. Naturally I got a 190 x 190 L shaped couch and an 80 inch television to watch the games. I also have some Michael Borkowski cartoons that I have blown up and framed over the years. A couple autographed balls, pictures, some Melo shoes, etc...

What other ideas do you guys have for me?

Just finished mine a few years back. Similar situation. My goal was to have the basement as nice as the main floor.

Did a ton of built in shelves.

Did a full bathroom. Drains were roughed in with construction of house. Did a toto washlet toilet seat. maybe the single best purchase i've ever made.

Sonos sound bar under TV with Sub and 2 play ones for your rear speaker set up.

Add more recessed lights than you think you need. I have close to 30 different recessed lights in my 1000 sqft basement. Everything is LED and on dimmer. bright, you would never know you were in a basement.

I did a kitchenette. with cabinets, kitchen sink, fridge, microwaves, bar seating area. I put a 40" TV in this area as well. Here is my advice, rather than have to get another cable box for this TV because I find we're watching the same thing on both TV's most of the time, run a splitter off your box service the 80" to a secondary TV. It was too late when I realized this.

I changed the basement door to an inswinging 10 panel glass door. Creates a connection between main floor and basement.

I like the Borkowski idea. I need to get to work on that.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am in the middle of finishing my basement and my wife has given me the green light to decorate how ever I see fit. Since I had absolutely no say in designing the rest of the house, I have been told this is my space. Naturally I got a 190 x 190 L shaped couch and an 80 inch television to watch the games. I also have some Michael Borkowski cartoons that I have blown up and framed over the years. A couple autographed balls, pictures, some Melo shoes, etc...

bobbleheads !!!

you could also get some bobbleheads of opponents to use in conjunction with your dart set.

bobbleheads !!!

you could also get some bobbleheads of opponents to use in conjunction with your dart set.
Personally, I’ve never really cared about bobble heads, but these I could not pass on.
National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum | National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum
79E7DD9B-4F64-4396-A228-0D600B53D4BB.jpeg 9E67005E-3174-4D67-AA7A-225BD8A1E8BA.jpeg

I have a glass door mini fridge that's pretty sweet. Whenever people are in our den they think it's pretty cool.

This is a sore subject for me. Was given space but as time as accumulated my Syracuse room has turned into a storage facility for old furniture and old toys the kids don't touch.

This is a sore subject for me. Was given space but as time as accumulated my Syracuse room has turned into a storage facility for old furniture and old toys the kids don't touch.
Sounds like time for a garage(basement) sale.

Time and kids would not permit me to have what I have. The fact that my father started it when they owned the house was my ticket to the man cave club. Fortunately my wife works overnights, so I have had the time over the years to “make it my own”.

Id start with a shave or even better a wax...wait youre taking about a room aren't you? My bad

Hey guys,

Dude. Just go to Pinterest, search, and start collecting ideas.

I have a glass door mini fridge that's pretty sweet. Whenever people are in our den they think it's pretty cool.
Hey I’m looking for one (and a wine fridge). Any recs? Some guy was trying to sell me a pair for 4K!

Even if you don't have a bar this makes a nice end table ornament.

th

I had one for a few months. I filled the Jager bottles with Jack, it was amazing.

Then I got drunk one night at the bar and bought two race cars. Ex wife made me sell the Jager machine

I don't have a man cave but when I left Syracuse in 2003 the first thing I wanted for the rest of my life was the framed Post-Standard from April 8, 2003. I still have it. I'd start there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom