Nerlens Noel academic standing continues to be a concern | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel academic standing continues to be a concern

I have absolutely no doubt that he will not only qualify, but he will carry a 4.0 for the year he is there.

He'll get that 4.0 without even going to class after their last NCAA Tournament game. I hear they already have a look alike growing his hair out to be ready for second semester. ;)

Imagine the hand-wringing here if he had committed to SU. There would be a separate "Noel Eligibility" board and several posters would have been institutionalized by now.

He'll get that 4.0 without even going to class after their last NCAA Tournament game. I hear they already have a look alike growing his hair out to be ready for second semester. ;)

You can barely tell them apart...

If Nerlens graduates with degree in Quantum Physics, I'm going to be suspicious.

Funny-Mullets-Haircut_8-464x550.jpg

You can barely tell them apart...

If Nerlens graduates with degree in Quantum Physics, I'm going to be suspicious.

Funny-Mullets-Haircut_8-464x550.jpg
He'll get a degree in "Stovepipe" (from the cosmetology department).

UKrecruiting.bloginky.com

So when Jonathan Givony of the well-respectedDraftExpress.com tweeted less-than-glowing reviews of Nerlens Noel from an event in California over the weekend, he wasn’t saying the UK freshman was a bad player. He was just saying he had a bad couple of days.

On Friday, Givony tweeted, “Nerlens Noel couldn’t score today unless he was completely spoon-fed under the rim. Defensively his fundamentals & awareness looked just OK.”

On Saturday, it was “Kentucky fans have been killing me all day on twitter, so I’m glad for them they didn’t see Noel’s performance today. Actually played worse.”

But one bad weekend does not undo years of exceptional play.

“I’ve watched Nerlens a lot, and I know he’s a lot better than what he’s shown here,” Givony told Next Cats on Sunday. “He definitely looks like he’s out of shape. He’s running up and down the court and he looks really, really tired. His fundamentals don’t look great. He’s struggling to get a shot. But all of this is very correctable.

Much ado about nada.
At this point, PayPayCal is teflon.
He plays the NCAA like an accordion, and Noel will definitely play.

Wait, are we pretending like every elite school in the country wouldn't have taken him? Just curious.

What's the problem with him taking summer school classes to boost his GPA?