Nerve wracking question... | Syracusefan.com

Nerve wracking question...

?

• Total voters

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
If you could have...

A)32 Cuse years with two national titles, one championship game loss, 8 nit's, 7 first round exits, 3 elite eights, six losses in the round of 32 and 5 sweet 16's...

or...

B) 32 Cuse years with 0 nation titles, 7 losses in the final four(3 championship games, 2 wins in the 3rd place game), 12 elite eights, 2 round of 32 losses and the rest sweet 16's

or ...

C) Don't make me choose!

what would you choose?

As a Diehard fan that would be a very hard choice for me.

Whats the 3rd place games? And A, no question. I'm a champion.

Two national titles in 32 years would trump zero every time. But I do like that you've brought back the meaningless Final Four consolation game.

They use to play a college 3rd place consolation game . They abandoned it in 1981 with the attempted assisnation of ronald reagan.

They use to play a college 3rd place consolation game . They abandoned it in 1981 with the attempted assisnation of ronald reagan.
Yes, the NCAA was afraid there would be an assassination attempt every year unless they eliminated that game.

The reason why A. is such a no brainer is that it really sucks to get close and lose. And as it happened more and more, you'd have the 'can't win the big one' label and the media/board troll chorus would get louder and louder, which would get really annoying and become an albatross on our backs.

And for all of us who were around for 2003, the feeling is one of euphoria. No way to explain it but it's amazing and one you'll never get from making, yet losing a hundred final fours.

Active coaches who have won more than one title:

Coach K
Roy Williams
Billy Donovan

That's the list.

[/quote][quote=" And for all of us who were around for 2003, the feeling is one of euphoria. No way to explain it but it's amazing and one you'll never get from making, yet losing a hundred final fours.[/quote]

A-A-A-men, A-A-A-men, A-A-men, A-Men, A-Men...da---da-da-da...

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a ring.

90% of the world would feel very differently about JB if it were not for Carmelo and the magical ride.

Coach K
Roy Williams
Billy Donovan

That's the list.
There's also an active coach with both an NCAA title and an NBA title.

Interesting that your hypos go back only 32 years, yet include several consolation games when that game was eliminated 32 years ago.....

...so as I try to decide which looks better to me I find the comparison to be a bit apples to oranges. On one hand if I pick A we have two National Championships on the other hand if I pick B it means they have apparently reinstated the always popular Final Four Consolation game.

Why not add a scenario C where we win the formerly ever popular Regional Final consolation game, I think that was eliminated in 1975.

Coach K
Roy Williams
Billy Donovan

That's the list.
Wow...I would have sworn Izzo had more than one. I guess he gets to the Final Four enough that I just assumed he won outside of the Mateen Cleaves team.

Wow...I would have sworn Izzo had more than one. I guess he gets to the Final Four enough that I just assumed he won outside of the Mateen Cleaves team.

Nope...final fours in 1999, 2001, 2005, 2009, and 2010 in addition to their 2000 title.

D. A world in which Syracuse's basketball history is unchanged, but orangefan13s posts become consistent, coherent and concise

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a ring.

90% of the world would feel very differently about JB if it were not for Carmelo and the magical ride.
That same 90% would also feel differently were it not for Keith Smart.

D. A world in which Syracuse's basketball history is unchanged, but orangefan13s posts become consistent, coherent and concise

With apologies to Bruce, oh but mama that's where the fun is.

F. Fail. Why do we post these goofy scenarios?

Good lord.. Enjoy the team this year.

The stars and planets have to align correctly to win the NC once; doing so more than once is extremely difficult (except in the case of UCLA of old before the NCAA started pursuing cheaters) -- witness what losing AO and Fab did to two contenders in the tournament. I love to win as much as anyone, but my team, my coach, and my players provide great enjoyment whichever scenario plays out. What if we were (fill in the blank) fans?

Chill...the season hasn't really started, and Man v Zone and Dome stabbing discussions can get tired.

Its not really a goofy scenerio. 32 years of Cuse basketball is half a diehard fans lifetime.
Really the meat and potatoes of the scenerio is this.

Would you rather have 2 titles with only 3 elite eights, but be stuck in the NIT or a first round exit 15 out of 32 years.
or..
Would you rather have 7 final fours, 13 elite eights, 2 round of 32 losses while never loosing before then, but giving up two titles.

Keep in mind we do already have a title to. I was originally thinking 32 years from now, but trying to keep my post short.
Obviously a nerve wracking question indeed. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom